Stripped Lower Swap Party at Wanenmacher's Gun Show, Saturday Nov. 17 12:00 noon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You don't get it and you get it at the same time. Awesome.
Swapping a lower that you purchased new and filled out a 4473 on, for one that someone else purchased, is not the same as purchasing a lower from an individual without paperwork.

If the point is to not have any lower ever connected to your name, swapping a lower that you purchased new, with someone else's lower, doesn't accomplish that.

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Swapping a lower that you purchased new and filled out a 4473 on, for one that someone else purchased, is not the same as purchasing a lower from an individual without paperwork.

If the point is to not have any lower ever connected to your name, swapping a lower that you purchased new, with someone else's lower, doesn't accomplish that.
Buy a lower if you don't want the gubamement to know you bought an AR. Swap them if you want to make them generally untraceable. You're trying to miss, aren't you?

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just wondering, when or if they end up in Mexico, and then in the Mexican police's hands in a raid, then then serial numbers are sent to atf to start the trail search, and it ends up with you, on not just 1 but many, I am just wondering how are you going to explain it? A boating accident? You can have just so many boating accidents before it becomes suspicious.

This is just a what if, I am sure that will never happen with all the people that plan to do this.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am just wondering, when or if they end up in Mexico, and then in the Mexican police's hands in a raid, then then serial numbers are sent to atf to start the trail search, and it ends up with you, on not just 1 but many, I am just wondering how are you going to explain it? A boating accident? You can have just so many boating accidents before it becomes suspicious.

This is just a what if, I am sure that will never happen with all the people that plan to do this.
"Mr. BATFE agent, I traded that lower to another individual years ago and had no reason to believe he was a prohibited person. What he did with it past then was his own business, and I have no knowledge of what he might have done.

Am I being detained? Am I free to go?"

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to explain to some cop 1,200 miles from home why I am carrying something that was reported stolen. I won't carry any CCW that I didn't buy brand new from a dealer on a 4473 for just that reason.

I guess I understand the swap meet idea but don't really think it is necessary. But hey, it's a free country, have fun. If doing that is your way of sticking it back to the man, then right on..! More power to you.

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to explain to some cop 1,200 miles from home why I am carrying something that was reported stolen. I won't carry any CCW that I didn't buy brand new from a dealer on a 4473 for just that reason.

I guess I understand the swap meet idea but don't really think it is necessary. But hey, it's a free country, have fun. If doing that is your way of sticking it back to the man, then right on..! More power to you.
That's great, sir! I'm really happy you like being what the government calls a non factor. I'm fine with that. I've often said online gun sales should be shutdown because of the stolen weapon shenanigans you described. ...I'm just kidding. I love that we can buy guns from strangers in a parking lot. It's the way it should be. It'd just be a lot better if you non-factor Captain Americans would just be content with sitting in front of the tv instead of pooping in the pool. I don't think it's wrong to ask you not to poop in the pool if you don't wanna swim. Don't be a pool pooper.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's great, sir! I'm really happy you like being what the government calls a non factor. I'm fine with that. I've often said online gun sales should be shutdown because of the stolen weapon shenanigans you described. ...I'm just kidding. I love that we can buy guns from strangers in a parking lot. It's the way it should be. It'd just be a lot better if you non-factor Captain Americans would just be content with sitting in front of the tv instead of pooping in the pool. I don't think it's wrong to ask you not to poop in the pool if you don't wanna swim. Don't be a pool pooper.

I think whatever you just said might have sounded better in your head before you actually typed it out. I didn't say I wouldn't own gear sourced on the secondary markets, just that my primary CCW would always be sourced new, "kind of like my underwear". BTW, a trip through the classifieds might show the pejorative doesn't fit as well as you might think. I also said "If doing that is your way of sticking it back to the man, then right on..! More power to you."

I managed a pawn shop when I was in college, most people would probably be shocked at how few firearms actually turned up as stolen. That was the early 90s though, I'm not sure how things like armslist have changed that dynamic.

I don't have to think every idea that comes out of any pro 2a group is sacrosanct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom