Stripped Lower Swap Party at Wanenmacher's Gun Show, Saturday Nov. 17 12:00 noon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok my point in it is this... you have a lower, one you presumably filled out a 4473 for. If you didn't, you either milled it or got it used and there's no worry of anyone ever showing up to trace it, right?

So... if you trade your 4473'd lower off, and it gets used in a crime or is in some way involved in an investigation, then they will come to you and ask where it is, and you tell them you got rid of it years ago. Perfectly legal. Ok.

But.... if you KEEP your 4473'd lower, what are the odds it's ever going to be used in a crime? Only if YOU commit the crime AND the gun is found and traced back to you. Ok. So... why do you want to get rid of the lower "attached" to your name? In my way of thinking, I'm going to be much more effective in making certain that lower is NEVER used inappropriately, thus giving me a DRASTICALLY lower chance of the Feds ever showing up looking for THAT gun.

Of course, if you don't want the .gov to know you have ANY firearms, this most assuredly isn't the way to go about it... you'd need to avoid ever purchasing a new firearm and EVER filling out a 4473. If you're doing this to avoid any confiscation attempts in the future (as opposed to doing this for the purpose of foiling tracing a SN), you'd have to go to a lot more lengths, as I said.

I'm not against this, and I don't care if anyone else does it - except that from a distance, it appears to be totally geared at fouling up the tracing attempts of law enforcement trying to solve a crime, while doing NOTHING to help reduce the attempts at confiscation. Bad press, IMO. Jus' sayin'.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Facebook comments of your fat n boring friends and neighbors that love telling everyone what thet should and shouldn't be doing. And Reddit.com

I don't do Facebook and not sure what Reddit is. Think I found a better place.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_12_2816c5f6d995df59bd156598236f52c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the advantage to this swap is not to avoid a 4473. The government (aka "the man") still knows you have (or had) firearms...

This will just allow me to take a receiver from someone else (of potentially questionable origin) and give them mine... The objective being that, should mine ever be used in a crime (highly unlikely I hope) I couldn't tell "the man" who I gave it to?
Bingo!

"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals. They broke the law, because freedom is always illegal.” – Larken Rose

Latest posts

Top Bottom