Stripped Lower Swap Party at Wanenmacher's Gun Show, Saturday Nov. 17 12:00 noon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Mr. BATFE agent, I traded that lower to another individual years ago and had no reason to believe he was a prohibited person. What he did with it past then was his own business, and I have no knowledge of what he might have done.

Am I being detained? Am I free to go?"

But you'll still have an AR lower, just not the one that is being investigated.

So, if they were to search your home or whatever if the lower was there anyways then they would find one(in a confiscation scenario).

If you're talking about investigating the particular lower based on some other circumstance then theoretically that shouldn't have happened while in your possession anyways. It just seems symbolic to me.

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think whatever you just said might have sounded better in your head before you actually typed it out. I didn't say I wouldn't own gear sourced on the secondary markets, just that my primary CCW would always be sourced new, "kind of like my underwear". BTW, a trip through the classifieds might show the pejorative doesn't fit as well as you might think. I also said "If doing that is your way of sticking it back to the man, then right on..! More power to you."

I managed a pawn shop when I was in college, most people would probably be shocked at how few firearms actually turned up as stolen. That was the early 90s though, I'm not sure how things like armslist have changed that dynamic.

I don't have to think every idea that comes out of any pro 2a group is sacrosanct.
You pool poopers always couch it in self-righteous concern. There was no reason for your post except to discourage others. It's the new American way. You actually did say you wouldn't buy used guns. "I won't carry any CCW that I didn't buy brand new from a dealer on a 4473" and you didn't say that you would. Maybe you don't understand how language works?

"I don't have to think every idea that comes out of any pro 2a group is sacrosanct." Another thing a do-nothing says to poop all over something someone else wants to do. I call it out for what it is because it's annoying and destructive as hell and you people are in charge of the world right now.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You pool poopers always couch it in self-righteous concern. There was no reason for your post except to discourage others. It's the new American way. You actually did say you wouldn't buy used guns. "I won't carry any CCW that I didn't buy brand new from a dealer on a 4473" and you didn't say that you would. Maybe you don't understand how language works?

"I don't have to think every idea that comes out of any pro 2a group is sacrosanct." Another thing a do-nothing says to poop all over something someone else wants to do. I call it out for what it is because it's annoying and destructive as hell and you people are in charge of the world right now.

https://www.okshooters.com/search.php?searchid=4399314

Before you go throwing around terms like self-righteous maybe you should go back and read some of your own words!

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.okshooters.com/search.php?searchid=4399314

Before you go throwing around terms like self-righteous maybe you should go back and read some of your own words!
I agree with you and Obama that we need to shutdown online gun sales so it's more difficult to sell stolen weapons. Wait, that's not what I meant to say. Lemme try again. Uh-hum...I myself don't think it's a good idea to sell guns without a BG check, but if you want to stick it to the man then be my guest.

Being an ahole doesn't mean your self righteous. I try to have a point to what I say and try to get others to say what they mean. You're self-righteous because you poop in the pool like you're doing everyone a favor.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the advantage to this swap is not to avoid a 4473. The government (aka "the man") still knows you have (or had) firearms...

This will just allow me to take a receiver from someone else (of potentially questionable origin) and give them mine... The objective being that, should mine ever be used in a crime (highly unlikely I hope) I couldn't tell "the man" who I gave it to?

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you and Obama that we need to shutdown online gun sales so it's more difficult to sell stolen weapons. Wait, that's not what I meant to say. Lemme try again. Uh-hum...I myself don't think it's a good idea to sell guns without a BG check, but if you want to stick it to the man then be my guest.

Being an ahole doesn't mean your self righteous. I try to have a point to what I say and try to get others to say what they mean. You're self-righteous because you poop in the pool like you're doing everyone a favor.

Please direct me to the aforementioned pool. I am interested in pooping in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom