Stuck choke tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With what has failed so far, I'd say leave it outside and try again tomorrow when it's below freezing. The heat is probably transferring to both pieces and that doesn't help.

That’s a heckuva idea, thanks
Thermal shock is a good idea. As thin as the barrel is it won't take but about an hour to cold soak that barrel. No need to wait until tomorrow. But with all that said the cold outside isn't really all that cold but if that fails, do you have any liquid nitrogen? Dry ice might work too. Heat it with your heat gun and dunk it in nitrogen or rub it with the dry ice. Short of all that it sounds like some impact time on the wrench. Weld a bit on it and use a battery powered impact gun.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Agree with Cowbaby, soak overnight with barrel end in ATF. Coat the choke with silver high temp anti-seize before you screw it back it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve soaked this thing in just about every product I know of. I could weld a nut onto the choke wrench but I don’t have a good way to secure the barrel. I would need a spud to put in the barrel to get a real clamp on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom