Stuck choke tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mix up the tube a little so the liquid that settles out is mixed in. Put a touch on the threads on 2 or 3 spots.
Cleans off easy with a rag and gun solvent. I use it on suppressor threads and may use it on choke tubes in the future instead of breach plug lube.
1300576.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE! I found my other chokes I had stored in an old 35mm film can WITH the tube wrench!

I got it out!!

What do y'all recommend for antiseize onna choke?

View attachment 264370
I use this for choke tubes, hydraulics, orings, engine assembly, the whole nine yards. It’ll last you a long time and it’s reasonably priced. It also doesn’t make a huge mess like the moly or copper based anti seize stuff. You can probably get it at most heavy equipment dealerships, or the oil filter company (yeah that’s their name) in downtown okc. I’m sure you can get it at granger and fastenall too.
C21BF361-0358-4D5E-9AD6-F04551FCF3FC.jpeg

or if you’re feeling really squirrely:
021F7AFF-7687-448C-B2EE-8E8901537277.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Snattlerake

A loose choke and ruin your day also
HA!HA! back when about 16 yrs old my Uncle which was the only person in my family that owned guns loaned me a JC Higgins 12 ga pump with a Compensator choke on the front. It was a method to change chokes like we do now but it was extended off the end of the barrel with knurled choke tubes so it was easy to swap chokes if seeing a quick need to do so.
We had seen some quail running front of us while on a rabbit hunt so I wanted to swap to an improved clylinder choke. While thinking I was screwing in the new choke a rabbit came out of the fence row, I took the shot. Rabbit was destroyed. Choke was laying on the other side of it. Apparently I didn't get it started in the threads. big hole in the rabbit! Choke was trashed.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the permatex anti-seize. With the cap firmly attached, squeeze around on the tube to mix it up, then squeeze the product back down toward the bottom of the tube. With Q-tip at the ready, carefully remove the cap and apply a small amount to the Q-tip. Use Q-tip to apply anti-seize where you want it, then drop it in the trash can you have nearby. No fuss, no muss, no mess to clean up.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on the permatex anti-seize. With the cap firmly attached, squeeze around on the tube to mix it up, then squeeze the product back down toward the bottom of the tube. With Q-tip at the ready, carefully remove the cap and apply a small amount to the Q-tip. Use Q-tip to apply anti-seize where you want it, then drop it in the trash can you have nearby. No fuss, no muss, no mess to clean up.
Q tip's are used ALOT on my workbench

Latest posts

Top Bottom