Student expelled and charged with felony for forgetting unloaded shotgun in truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice the concurrent thread about the father in Michigan (?)who brought his pistol to school and open carried- it was legal and no one freaked out over it.

Felony charges are absurd.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I am against all non-violent and victimless crimes being felonies. This is a quite egregious example of why such laws should never be written this way. Just like if I forget to take my CCW out of my holster when I go drop of some mail at the post office, I'm a felon. With no one being injured or even any threat of injury, no malice, no I'll intent on my part. That is ridiculous.

Preventive laws of any kind are... retarded.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is they'll let him off on a short deferred sentence with some community service or something.

From legal point of view sentence is a sentence ... deferred, home arrest, bell to bell - it doesn't matter. He needs to lawyer up and have charges reduced or dismissed. It's a crappy deal that will affect the rest of his life one way or another.

Like doctorjj said - the laws need to be changed.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am against all non-violent and victimless crimes being felonies. This is a quite egregious example of why such laws should never be written this way. Just like if I forget to take my CCW out of my holster when I go drop of some mail at the post office, I'm a felon. With no one being injured or even any threat of injury, no malice, no I'll intent on my part. That is ridiculous.

+ eleventy billion percent

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunh. When I went to high school (rode a dinosaur...up hill...both ways), any given fall day would see half the student vehicles hosting deer rifles. The worst thing that ever happened was one kid stabbed another with a pencil.
Join me in preventing any more senseless violence BAN WRITING!

Latest posts

Top Bottom