Student expelled and charged with felony for forgetting unloaded shotgun in truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF this gets prosecuted, and the community is as outraged as has been reported, this young man needs a strong willed lawyer that will go for the full court press and demand a jury trial.

Jury nullification anyone?

FWIW, this is a succinct sign of what's wrong with public education these days. :(

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How dare you acknowledge that the law is on trial just as much as the defendant.

FWIW, in Montana in December 2010 and Kansas in August 2012 there were "jury mutinies" on marijuana possession cases - the former resulting in an Alford plea, and the latter resulting in the prosecutor dropping the charges and the judge granting a dismissal with prejudice - both on the basis of being unable to seat a jury.

If public opinion in the area in this case is as it looks, I don't think we'll even need to get to the jury nullification stage. It's going to be darn near impossible to seat a jury on this one.

But a lot of that depends on the quality of his lawyer. Some lawyers like to start the conversation with "okay, here's what they charged you with, and here's a plea bargain" before even hearing the defendant's side.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF this gets prosecuted, and the community is as outraged as has been reported, this young man needs a strong willed lawyer that will go for the full court press and demand a jury trial.

FWIW, this is a succinct sign of what's wrong with public education these days. :(

That pic is awesome.

@toehanus

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**freak out** OMG HE HAS A GUN IN HIS TRUCK AND HE'S DOING THE RESPONSIBLE THING!! **freak out** (translation: time to ruin a young mans life for making a responsible and mature decision.)

It sounds like everyone needs to name their guns, so if something like this happens "Mom, I forgot "Bessie" was in the truck when I came to school this morning, can you come up to school and pick her up for me please?"

But the eavesdropping Admin thinks "Bessie" is your cat and NOW you are charged with animal cruelty. The cops show up and don't find a cat, but a gun! You gonna be in BIG trouble now.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems Liberty University thinks he is such a steller feller, Eagle Scout, honest, truthful in spite of pee brained libtards from his public screwll they went and gave him a FULL FOUR YEAR SCHOLARSHIP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom