Summer sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stop yer bitching....remember last year. i will take this summer over that any time...lol.

i'm a summer guy. the cold, locks me up, too many broken bones, ruptured discs' and hardware..lol

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's ALL relative. Back when son was playing Pony League baseball (13/14) we were in the Houston city tournament. One of the kids on the team had an Uncle who was a commercial roofing contractor in Phoenix. It was 126' in Phoenix so he told the crew to take 2 weeks off till the heat wave broke and he came to Houston for the baseball tourney. It was ONLY 98 in Houston. He stayed 2 days and went back to Phoenix, it was too hot in Houston.

So funny how many I times I heard "I'll be so glad when summer gets here', during our last ICE STORM.

I like having the change in seasons. Of the 5 seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, and July/August) the last can be miserable, but it just make the Fall transition a lot better.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta say I LOVE summer. I work side job with my son mowing to pay for our Christmas break vacation hog hunting, so now is when we pay for that trip.
And I HATE being cold. Summertime....homegrown tomatoes. watermelon, peaches, fresh catfish, lots of daylight, no need to bundle up, or go warm up the truck.....

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked on landscape crew, then spent 13 1/2 years in batch/furnace area of glass plant. I think it did something to me, seriously...I have left that plant when outside temp was 100+, and it was refreshing to walk out into it.

Ryan12322

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working in refineries welding with FRC clothes long sleeves and jeans and inside some of the tanks it can be 140 and up.....
its nothing you can get used to just down right on fire. I cant wait for another summer to be done. As far as summer and the lake the hotter the better.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, those glass plants and steel mills must be murder. Climbing around an attic doing AC duct work is no picnic either.

Did a 3 day job in Houston at a floor tile plant. Middle of January, 20-30 deg outside. Every window in the building wide open and it's 100 deg inside. Was hoping like HELL we didn't have to go back in Aug.

Tire plant not much different, depending on where you are in the building usually 85-100 deg year round. Of course, the offices are 68 deg. :grumble:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, those glass plants and steel mills must be murder.

Did a 3 day job in Houston at a floor tile plant. Middle of January, 20-30 deg outside. Every window in the building wide open and it's 100 deg inside. Was hoping like HELL we didn't have to go back in Aug.

Tire plant not much different, depending on where you are in the building usually 85-100 deg year round. Of course, the offices are 68 deg. :grumble:

I worked at an ice plant while in school. People thought I was crazy walking to work at 3pm and over 100 deg, carrying a sweat suit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom