Sunglass Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do wish my Oakleys were tougher to scratch. That's why I end up replacing them, an old pair of Zeros are the only ones I've ever broken but I have replaced more than one pair due to scratches on the lenses.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These look good.

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_mask_sunglasses_pink_zps547cdb84.jpg

And these are popular with certain segments of society.

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_star_trek_jordy_1_zps524ade03.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since I wear prescription lens, my eye doc got me a pair of prescription lenses. Green mirrored tint, totally bedazzled frames. With a full replacement warranty.

They have clear frames, fit like a glove and haven't blown off yet, even without a strap. Paid $350 n change. Wish I woulda got them bi focaled.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear Oakleys in uniform and Maui Jims when not working. The MJs have slightly better lenses and are lighter, but they are much more fragile. I have Oakley half jackets and they take an ass whooping. They're scratched to hell, but that's because I just stuff them in my flight suit pocket with my hat and go about my day. I steped on them and cracked and lens, but it didn't break. The legs can snap off and will go right back on. If I ever want to replace my scratched/broken lenses, $50'ish gets me a new set. I've always been happy with Oakley's quality and durability. Good lenses are worth the money, so find a set you like and enjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom