1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suppressor question

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Farmall, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Soulman

Soulman Sharpshooter

how well does the subsonic ammo function in the 10/22?

2. UnSafe

UnSafe Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Don't have one to share, but I'd suggest that on your next Internet surfing session you start reading up on the BATFE paperwork required. I built a short barrelled shotgun a while back, and the paperwork is about the same- a PITA. And, I've read that the time it takes to get your approval in hand has lengthened as everyone is still in somewhat of a buying frenzy.

Contacting one of the board sponsers, like MAS, can cut through the crap. They know the paperwork inside and out.

Another thought- Get a can capable of suppressing a .223. That way, you can quiet your .22 plinker and justify the "need" for an AR (Or another one, with a threaded barrel ;) )

3. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Subsonic ammo has always functioned fine in my 10/22 with Gemtech Outback II. I have found that CCI Standard Velocity works great and it's velocity is subsonic as well.

4. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Good excuse for a can, or multiple cans, one for each caliber, but like a couple other people said, who cares?

I shoot a lot on the 12 acres I live on. I know my closest neighbor isn't too fond of shooting, two of my other neighbors shoot, just not as much. I just try not to shoot late at night or real early in the morning. Any times that I wouldn't want to hear someone shooting or blasting music, I try to be nice.

5. patrickcudd

patrickcudd Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    10/22's and other semi's are great, but try an intregally suppressed bolt gun (.22) or one with a can. What you hear is similiar to dry firing the gun with the exception of hearing the bullet hitting the target!

6. Farmall

Farmall Sharpshooter

Well the problem with the neighbors is that they have 4 young kids and they are worried about them. Those kids are a rare breed today... They play outside till dark every evening instead of sitting in the house watching TV.

Thanks for all the replies.

7. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you get to Tulsa I would be happy to let you shoot mine or Scott in OKC. with or without a need,... I'm sure you will have tons of fun with a 22lr supressor

8. MAS GunWorks

MAS GunWorks Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Give us a call. We have several 22 cans you can test if you like.

Integrals will be the quietest by far but you are stuck with that host. A thread on can will allow you to use it on multiple hosts.

9. Eightuhp

Eightuhp Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    MAS is the place to go!! Testing cans is their hobby! Range trip :yelclap:

10. dieseldr99

dieseldr99 Marksman

What kind of money would something like this run, say a thread on one? for the can the stamp and getting the paperwork handled.