Sure glad I don’t own a Chevy volt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is plain stupid…… $29k to replace your battery 😳

C63EC268-1FE1-4262-A744-885BAEA065E0.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve seen some signs in parking garage entrances saying that if you own a Chevy Volt you cannot park in the garage due to fire concerns. Chevy was offering people “incentive cash” for them to write away their right to lawsuit against GM. I can’t believe anyone would buy a Volt electric vehicle or anything electric from GM. Hell, I own an all gas GM product and it’s the biggest POS I’ve ever owned on four wheels.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes hybrids don’t take the power bank required for a true EV

https://mechanicbase.com/electric-vehicles/toyota-prius-battery-replacement-cost/

Toyota Prius Battery Replacement Costs

Toyota Prius battery replacement costs will vary slightly between the dealership you choose to buy it from. But, in general, a brand new Toyota hybrid battery replacement cost will run you between $2,200 and $4,100. This does not include labor costs.

A used battery will cost you upwards of $1,500, while a refurbished Toyota Prius battery will cost $1,500 or more.

It’s important to do your homework and to shop around for the best prices in your area. Additionally, you may want to consider upgrading to a new Toyota Prius model because it will run like new for many years to come.

If you decide that’d you like to replace the battery, you need to bear in mind that you’ll be paying much for than the cost of the actual battery. You will also need to factor in labor costs, as well as any additional fees that your mechanic might charge.

Labor fees will be pretty hefty due to the specialized nature of working on a Toyota hybrid battery. Keep in mind that the cost of labor will account for the many years of specialized training that the mechanics had to undergo in order to properly replace your Toyota Prius battery.

The amount of time it takes to replace your battery will directly affect the costs of labor. Generally, it takes about two to three hours to replace a Prius battery.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Several articles out there debating whether that receipt is legit. Too much missing info in the header, and it's blank as if it's never been filled in, rather than covered up for privacy.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen some signs in parking garage entrances saying that if you own a Chevy Volt you cannot park in the garage due to fire concerns. Chevy was offering people “incentive cash” for them to write away their right to lawsuit against GM. I can’t believe anyone would buy a Volt electric vehicle or anything electric from GM. Hell, I own an all gas GM product and it’s the biggest POS I’ve ever owned on four wheels.
I think you are confusing the hybrid Volt with the battery only Bolt. Approximately 1 in 10,000 Bolts had an issue with catching fire due the defects in the LG battery pack. GM is replacing them all.
The Volts were discontinued in 2019. It sucks that replacement batteries cost so much.
The same thing may happen with the Bolt since GM is moving to the Ultium battery platform. Vehicles built on Ultium will probably get better support long term.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom