Take a veteran hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right on man. Thats a good thing you have done. I've been blessed myself over the years (as I'm also in the mil) to have met kind folks like yourself that have allowed me to hunt private land with my kids at my side. But I also hunt a lot of public lands with my kids as well. Its not often that I ask for a Mil discount at a store or for any special hand outs. But I'm not a fool and if and when the chances come that I'm invited to hunt on another mans land I take especially if I can have one of my kids along. Its folks like you who make a world of difference in a persons life with a simple act of kindness. Many land owners wouldn't even consider it. You will be just as blessed in return.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bullbuster - The young veteran in the photo is your age, 33, last year he brought his daughter out and harvested a doe. Initially, when I made the offer to hunt he only wanted to bow hunt. He said he had too much shooting in Iraq. I said ok. He hunted the first year and saw saeveral deer and harvested nothing. Last year he would not shoot anything because he was having too much fun just watching the deer. FINALLY he decided to use a rifle again and so Huckleberry 75 loaned him a .243 for him to harvest the doe with his daughter at his side. This year he pops this buck, his first, and he is tickled pink. Currently he is in Louisiana on duty and will be back on the 17th just in time for the special season. I have dubbed him "son number 3". He and one of his fellow police officer buddies are going to Antlers to bow hunt my farm sometime before Jan. 15th.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AMEN!!!!! JIMMY. He gets back from Louisiana on 12/17.We can do that deal. I have been wanting to go there for a long time. We will try to get that done next week. Good idea. You will like Shane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom