Tax stamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you plan to keep the item forever.
Buy some of those special plastic covers for documents that are specially treated.
Put each one in a seprate cover.
Why? Cause after 30-40 years the paper starts disentegrating.
Cheap government paper.
I've got several that now feel like tissue paper and all they have done is sit in a folder in a safe.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the bad thing is on a form 4, it is not the govs paper, it is whomever printed the copy to sign and send in. so make sure if you print off the application, do it on a laser printer or copier and on good paper.

very good point to bring up.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
....... I'm not trying to bust your balls. It just seems to be one of those things that gets brought up every so often but no one seems to ever prove it's a real law.

No worries, I will find the currency, legal docs, state and federal papers regs tomorrow.

It's been 6 days.... I re-affirm my calling of BS!

I can make a 100% copy of a canceled NFA stamp the same as I can an enveloped with a canceled postage stamp. Once it is canceled it just paper.

EXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya ya..... Here is what I found, if it has a state seal, or is notarized it obviously cannot be copied at 100%. Unfortunately there isn't any literature on copying ANY class 3 forms.

Soooooo, I was wrong atleast as far as I have found.
I still wouldn't do it but that's just me.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya ya..... Here is what I found, if it has a state seal, or is notarized it obviously cannot be copied at 100%. Unfortunately there isn't any literature on copying ANY class 3 forms.

Soooooo, I was wrong atleast as far as I have found.
I still wouldn't do it but that's just me.

I'm really not trying to bust your balls but ( famous last words ) What law prohibits copying Notary seals @ 100%? Ive been a Notary for over 10 years and have not heard of this. I ask as it pertains to people with notarized trust copied to be sent into the NFA Id venture a guess that 99% usually just copy it and mail it off

EXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what "law"... I just know that I have personally been contacted by state agents for doing so at our location. That doesn't mean a whole lot knowing that nothing happened. But, like I stated before what you decide to copy is your business. Will a commercial printer/ copy house do it for you? I would assume not, but I have heard of Fedex office copying drivers licenses in color at 100%.
With that said, I was wrong. But, I would be careful what you copy and how you copy it.

Edit: Not notary. A foiled stamped seal, i apologize I was thinking one thing and typing another. I hope copying a notarized paper isn't wrong since that is what the NFA got from me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom