Ten Yards And I Miss Ahhhhrrggghhh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only questionm about that is, I can draw my bow while sitting down with now problem. Thats what I was told to use as a guide for wether or not I am set to high.

Right, probably setting down warm and streched out. When you did your test sitting down, did you raise the rest above your line of sight to pull it or was it smooth and straight back (with a very slight raise)?

IMO your ultimate test was when you struggled to draw on that deer. You shouldn't have to stretch ect in the stand to be able to pull you bow when the moment arrives. That kind of defeats the purpose of sitting still.

Many people think you have to have 60# or 70# to hunt with a bow. That is rediculous. 30-40# stick bows were killing deer long ago.

Your bow should be comfortable, smooth and most of all fun. There shouldn't be the slightest bit of strain when practicing and the arrow rest should never have to come above your line of sight when drawing.

Have fun, practice practice practice, and stick with it. Your time will come! Don't be so hard on yourself over the miss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom