Terrible experience at Outdoor America today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, let me say I have been a fan of Outdoor America store for a LONG time. I have bought guns, ammo, accessories, reloading stuff, gun cleaning stuff, knives, blow guns, darts, holsters...and much more there over the past 25 years or so.

My best friend just bought an AR-15 and was needing some ammo. I live near Outdoor America and went over there to pick up some ammo for him, and then meet him at the range so he could shoot his new toy. He wanted about 15 boxes of ammo. I had him on the phone letting him know what flavors they had to see which ones he wanted. Since the ammo is behind the counter, sometimes the prices are hard to see. I asked the guy behind the counter to check a price on one I could not make out. He told me that he does not waste his time with people on the phone. I told him I had my friend on the phone deciding what ammo he wanted me to get for him. The guy behind the counter refused to give me me the price and just walked away. Needless to say, I went elsewhere and probably will not go back. I was one of only two customers in the store so its not like they were busy. I'm sorry to see them struggle and their stock keeps getting lower and lower. Treating people like that is cetainly not going to help.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frankly, their empty shelves and empty store is the result of their attitudes. My experience is they are, and have been, a$$holes for the last 25 years. Why would you go and spend your money with abusive people?

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frankly, their empty shelves and empty store is the result of their attitudes. My experience is they are, and have been, a$$holes for the last 25 years. Why would you go and spend your money with abusive people?

I have had very good luck with them over the last 25 years. I know others have complained, but I had not experienced it before today. I have other options in OKC and will be using them more often I guess. My experiece today was just too much for me. I'm done!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You know it seems that there is some truth to this. I've bought from them since it was FBF up in the French Market Mall and they've always had a couple of bad apples it seems, but most of the guys are pretty cool. But it just doesn't stand to reason with their long history of rock bottom prices that they struggle. For years and years there was nobody in town that beat their price.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say Gunworld is the equivalent of Dong's when it comes to jacked up prices and ignorance of the staff. But it's hard to go anywhere and be ignored the way the staff at Outdoor America does.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like OA; but having said that, If you are dealing with any salesman there who is over the age of about 45 it sucks. Grab one of the young guys and the experience will be much more pleasant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom