Terrible experience at Outdoor America today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years and years ago, I was there and they had a Wildey .45 Winchester Mag. They had a price of $1100.00 on it. I offered to buy it, if thy would throw in ONE box of ammo. They refused. I then offered to buy it if they would cut the price of a box of ammo in half. They refused. And they were dicks about it. When I went back about a year later, they still had the pistol.

First, those pistols are a strange item. Second, they are expensive. It's hard to find a customer with BOTH ability and desire to buy such a pistol. For roughly $25 and a ****** attitude, they lost a sale and a good customer.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years and years ago, I was there and they had a Wildey .45 Winchester Mag. They had a price of $1100.00 on it. I offered to buy it, if thy would throw in ONE box of ammo. They refused. I then offered to buy it if they would cut the price of a box of ammo in half. They refused. And they were dicks about it. When I went back about a year later, they still had the pistol.

First, those pistols are a strange item. Second, they are expensive. It's hard to find a customer with BOTH ability and desire to buy such a pistol. For roughly $25 and a ****** attitude, they lost a sale and a good customer.

It takes just one bad experience to stick in your craw. I've been ignored twice to buy ammo or look at a pistol when I was there. A buddy of mine that knows the owner said I just needed to go up to the front desk and complain if it happened again. It did, I told the front desk and a different guy came up and was extremely helpful. I look for him to help me every time I go in now.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor America used to be a "must stop" for me whenever I was in OKC, but they have really declined. I see Outdoor America on the same path as Southwest Shooters that leads to a vacant building.

Cedar Creek

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OA has really gone down hill. I went in there about a month ago to buy a Hogue grip. They did not have it in stock. I asked if they would order me one and he said to just go order it from Midway. I think the days are numbered for OA.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss all those great gun shops from days gone by. Anyone else remember the Iranian Officers Assault Weapon they has at Mashburns?

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only been helped by one guy there that wasn't a jerk. When I ask for a price I feel like I'm pulling hairs, and it takes about 15 minutes. Once they figure out the price they expect me to buy it and when they figure out I'm not buying they get pissed. I will never step foot in that store again. I'd much rather spend more at H&H and get good service over dealing with OA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom