Thank You Firefighters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1649432637930.png

1649432707125.png

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired as a Fire Fighter, I have three brothers that were all Fire Fighters, in my opinion an Honorable profession. I had a uncle that owned several rent houses and an old three story apartment house he inherited. This building got on fire in the middle of the night, this uncle lived nearby, and walked up to watch. one of my brothers was the Captin on this run, and my uncle was telling me about the fire. he said he had the impression that all Fire Fighters did was set in front of the fire station in the shade, and play pitch! After watching this fire, several old p[eople had to be recued from this old building, that was subject to collapsing at any time, and did after it was empty, and seeing the risk these men took to save poelple they didn't even know, he has a totally different opinion of Fire Fighters! I started as a Fire Fighter for $400.00 per month in 1972. I worked so many part time jobs, my kids that were small at the time, wanted to go to daddy's house, ( the fire station) because that is the only place they saw me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom