The balloon is going up over Atlanta now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So why should the chief have to resign because of his officers? That doesn't make sense. Of course, none of this crap makes sense.
He is the head of the department and should be held accountable for his officer's actions and be the voice of reason and if necessary discipline and policy change. I don't know the man/woman chief. I just know that resigning is bullsh1t.

Funny thing about that. Being a good little Democrat she has resigned, but is being given a different job in the city gov at the same pay.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So why should the chief have to resign because of his officers? That doesn't make sense. Of course, none of this crap makes sense.
He is the head of the department and should be held accountable for his officer's actions and be the voice of reason and if necessary discipline and policy change. I don't know the man/woman chief. I just know that resigning is bullsh1t.
Funny thing about that. Being a good little Democrat she has resigned, but is being given a different job in the city gov at the same pay.
My guess is that she didn't want to deal with the heat that was coming her way so stepping aside to another position was the easy way out.

It also was a way for the dept. to show some "action" to appease the protesters.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if Atlanta's use of force policy allows deadly force against non-lethal threats like a taser? This will be interesting to watch play out...

Crappy time to be a cop that's for sure. Anyone with a badge and a gun out there better know their department's use of force policy to the letter and be role playing the crap out of every possible scenario. Even then you're going to get second guessed and have a microscope up your butt.

I wonder if there will be, or already is, a nationwide de-policing trend due to LEOs being scared of repercussions.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if Atlanta's use of force policy allows deadly force against non-lethal threats like a taser? This will be interesting to watch play out...

Crappy time to be a cop that's for sure. Anyone with a badge and a gun out there better know their department's use of force policy to the letter and be role playing the crap out of every possible scenario.
Yes. If a guy is running from you, and he’s forty feet away, and he has a tazer which can incapacitate you, and he turns to threaten you momentarily and turns again to run away, should you be allowed to shoot him in the back? I think the shoot meets the reasonable officer standard as laid down by the Renquist Court.
It’s the responsibility of the police to be scared shitless all the time because they’re in a war zone.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. If a guy is running from you, and he’s forty feet away, and he has a tazer which can incapacitate you, and he turns to threaten you momentarily and turns again to run away, should you be allowed to shoot him in the back? I think the shoot meets the reasonable officer standard as laid down by the Renquist Court.
It’s the responsibility of the police to be scared shitless all the time because they’re in a war zone.

I think it would be the responsibility of any person capable of walking around, to not point anything at an officer that might be mistaken for a gun. Especially after you've been fighting and resisting an officer, and taking one of his weapons.

Unless black people are not capable of that, is that what you're saying?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Photos I saw he was pointing the taser at the cop when the cop fired, and it was a lot less than 40 feet. 20 maybe. Other cop was still on the ground from the fight.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be the responsibility of any person capable of walking around, to not point anything at an officer that might be mistaken for a gun. Especially after you've been fighting and resisting an officer, and taking one of his weapons.

Unless black people are not capable of that, is that what you're saying?
It was just two people in a cause and effect situation.
Neither of them represents black people and neither of them represents the cops.
If I’m the cop in that situation, I’m not in fear for my life, but I am frustrated.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Photos I saw he was pointing the taser at the cop when the cop fired, and it was a lot less than 40 feet. 20 maybe. Other cop was still on the ground from the fight.
It was more than twenty feet and he wheeled for a brief moment then kept running.Then got shot in the back. I’m not saying that the reasonable officer standard was violated.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom