The Fray.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To me it was disrespectful. I feel the national anthem is not something to be messed with. I might be old school even though im olny 26, but the flag and the song are two things NOT to be messed with. They might as well played the kazoos

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched that 4 times, and still can't figure out which guitarist is screwing up so horribly. 0:35 in video...dear God it goes downhill from there. Tell me that was not the intended chord progression? Is that the hip thing now? Maybe he couldn't hear it.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone else remember what I believe was the first modern adaptation of the Athem? I remember how outraged folks were when Jose Feliciano did it at the world series in 1968. Also remember the same outrage from some who took the Jimi Hindrix rendition of the Athem. We can blame it all on Jose I suppose, he started it.

But, the crap these folks played the other night was in no way in the class of Jose or Hendrix.

Michael

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Four chord progressions weren't even really a thing when the song was written. Don't try to adapt it.

It was never written as a song, it was written as a poem (The Defence of Fort McHenry or something), and was put to the music of the British song "To Anacreon in Heaven".

Hendrix's version is still the best, much better than the original.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was never written as a song, it was written as a poem (The Defence of Fort McHenry or something), and was put to the music of the British song "To Anacreon in Heaven".

This, on all accounts.

And the original song "To Anacreon in Heaven", was in practice a drinking tune.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, this is a well known fact, as well as the fact that Key wrote many of his poems to work with that song, which was written before people really used four chord progressions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom