The Goverment gives grants to study penis size in the gay community. (WTF) ''NSFW''

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curiosity got the better of me and I had to look up the real study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874247/

From the abstract:

The disproportionate number of viral skin-to-skin STIs (HSV-2 and HPV) suggest size may play a role in condom slippage/breakage. Further, size played a significant role in sexual positioning and psychosocial adjustment. These data highlight the need to better understand the real individual-level consequences of living in a penis-centered society.

Since the money came from NIH, this is the kind of stuff they need to know since controlling the spread of STDs is their job.

Also, the Fox News article states:

the study was one of many linked to an $899,769 grant in 2006

Within the scope of academic research grants, $899,769 is chump change, and this went to fund "many" studies so the bulk of this probably went to paying graduate students.

Also from Fox News:

But one of the researchers involved with the report told FoxNews.com that NIH funding was only used to help "analyze and write up" data that had already been collected without the use of taxpayer funds.

This probably means that grant money had been used to buy the computers and statistical software that they used to analyze the data.

This would be like the Brady people running a headline that reads, "GOVERNMENT ACADEMIC FUNDING USED TO BUY ASSAULT CLIPS," because I bought a 30rd PMAG with money that came from my stipend (which is paid by Federal research grants).

Latest posts

Top Bottom