The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which proves my point about what sort of person you are, and what you have done to offend me.

You think that you hate me now, but wait until you meet me in person.

You come in this thread and fabricated a lie to attack my character, it's not the first time that's happened to a mod on this forum and probably won't be the last. Then you carried on about your feelers being hurt because my avatar might offend short people...and here comes the irony that makes me all giggly....all the while you're posting with an avatar that a lot of women would find offensive, degrading and misogynistic. Are you a person who is sensitive to the sensitivities of others or are you just bitching to be bitching?

I'm sure that you are even more offended now, so go ahead and quote this comment and let us know how much more I have offended you.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think that you hate me now, but wait until you meet me in person.

You come in this thread and fabricated a lie to attack my character, it's not the first time that's happened to a mod on this forum and probably won't be the last. Then you carried on about your feelers being hurt because my avatar might offend short people...and here comes the irony that makes me all giggly....all the while you're posting with an avatar that a lot of women would find offensive, degrading and misogynistic. Are you a person who is sensitive to the sensitivities of others or are you just *****ing to be *****ing?

I'm sure that you are even more offended now, so go ahead and quote this comment and let us know how much more I have offended you.

This was not the point of this thread...members attaching each other is not going to help OSA regain any sort of sense of community guys. Why not move this to PM and spare the rest of us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So S4F is offensive. Why be offended by it?

I ask that seriously. As a young-earth creationist Christian, I have had my intelligence questioned, my beliefs questioned, but I don't let it offend me. My world view and beliefs are not based on the "Word of OSA".

So tbnl, you're Native American. Good for you. Seriously. Treasure the heritage, your culture. But if you get offended by every internet forum that belittles minorities (whether real or perceived), you will live a very bitter, offended, life. If you don't like it, leave. And I mean the internet, not just OSA.

I understand some people here aren't nice to newbies. Screw those people. Let the mods know. We've all been new to something before. But we're pretty tame here compared to some sites.

As far as lack of community, the economy has hurt us here. Guns are in large part a hobby. Sure, not the gun we carry or put by our bedside, but the buying/selling and shooting miscellaneous guns has slowed. The listings now people are trying to make their money back, or a little extra. We used to pass around good deals on the forum. I don't have the budget to lose money trying new guns/ammo out anymore, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So many of us, instead of buying and using gun stuff, are reduced to chit-chatting about it on the forum. And since gun people are mostly alpha types, sooner or later I'm right, you're wrong and if you can't admit that then we's done got us a problem.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far before the internet there was an online messaging network with thousands of members that was well known for massive butthurt and flames. One had to sign up to be a member of the network, nobody had to join. Anyway, the people of that network lived by two general rules:

1) Thou shalt not be excessively annoying.
2) Thou shalt not be too easily annoyed.

Even though that network is pretty much long gone (though still holding out in a few places) those are still a couple of pretty good rules for one's conduct of online communications. Just sayin' and whatnot. Except for mugsy 'coz he's from New Jersey or somewhere in that area and those people are all sorta odd anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom