The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here I thought it had to do with the dramatic post about his wife leaving him because he was too fat and his dick was too short so he was running off to texas to find himself .............and his dick

This is why I made sure to see my husband's dick before we were married. I know it's not traditional, but I found it prudent.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mean no one wants the wedding trousers to drop and find out your new hubby is packin' a sweet midget instead of a whole dill, right? Judge me if you want but there were no surprises on my wedding night.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, again I have to agree with you. It has changed.

I agree 100%. I enjoyed this site much more in the past. Not so much today.

I'm not ready to give up on it; OSA has too many good people and too much to offer the Oklahoma firearms community if we stick together.

Jim: How many "deals" have we done, for example? Did either of us ever feel like we got the short end of the stick? Would you take my word for an item's condition that I had posted up for sale or trade? All told, I bet you and I haven't spoken face-to-face for even a whole hour, yet, we know each other from OSA over the past years and an element of trust has been built from the times we've had transactions. That's kinda one thing that I'm trying to get across about being a "community". Trust.

And as far as enjoying the site more in the past, we can re-establish that sense of community and enjoy OSA more if we just keep working on it. Example: I belong to Waltherforums.com; talk about a sense of belonging to something, wow, that's a tight group of folks there. There is more help than you could imagine for people with Walther related questions or issues. But then, pretty much everyone there is a Walther Fan so that is one big difference between that forum and OSA. New members are readily welcomed and the focus there is on sharing info and so on about the various Walther firearms. (I'm a huge Walther PP series nut by the way)...Good old Leighton (ldp) has helped me out with Walther stuff both there and here on OSA too. Because of our interactions online on both OSA and Waltherforum, I trusted him enough to drive over 2 hours one way once to pay him for a pistol based on his word. I was right about trusting him too; I got a nice Walther PPK/S, he got cold hard cash. Here's another example of trust via the OSA community: The pride and joy of my meager firearms collection sits in my safe: A pre-WWII Zella Mehlis blued Walther PPK in .32 ACP built in 1939. Guess how I got it? A fellow I met here on OSA stumbled upon it, and knowing my lust for one, immediately let me know about it. He told me its condition and it's price and then, with my okay, he bought it and paid for it for me. I trusted him, he trusted me to pay him for the pistol at the next opportunity; we both trusted each other. Thanks to OSA, he and I are good buds now. We have bought, sold, traded, etc many, many times. He even has the combination to my safe in case something were to happen to me. That's what I'm talking about.

But OSA is not designed around any particular brand or thing, like the 1911forum, or the Waltherforum, or the Coltforum or the S&WForum, or the MarlinOwners forum or...(you pick one). OSA is about people. Let's quit bitchin' about stuff and nitpickin' and get back to doing what we Okies do well. Interact well with people. It's cool to disagree, but personal attacks and trying to screw somebody over for a few bucks doesn't belong here. There's other forums you can go to if that's what you wanna do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom