The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The house n senate are just as powerful as the President. Congress could have done a bunch and same in the Senate. In fact there's a whole process where Congress can go around the President....yes I've read the Constitution, yes I understand it.

Remember that old cartoon about how a bill becomes a law?? It still applies today. Congress can write bills and get them passed in spite of the President.

Like what?! The House passed budgets and oodles of bills! Only to have Harry file 13 them. He was Obama's firewall, and somehow they and the media blamed the repubs in congress! What the hell you been watching man?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The house n senate are just as powerful as the President. Congress could have done a bunch and same in the Senate. In fact there's a whole process where Congress can go around the President....yes I've read the Constitution, yes I understand it.

Remember that old cartoon about how a bill becomes a law?? It still applies today. Congress can write bills and get them passed in spite of the President.

You still don't understand the Constitution. Ostupid can rule by executive degree, and the legislature can't do a danged thing about it.

Well, they can, but the minor percentage of Republicans can't overrule it. So, he is still ruling the country.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, Hillary has been preparing her run since she quit SOS. That's why she quit. The only way she doesn't is if Obama gets to appoint her to the SCOTUS. Mark it down...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You still don't understand the Constitution. Ostupid can rule by executive degree, and the legislature can't do a danged thing about it.

Well, they can, but the minor percentage of Republicans can't overrule it. So, he is still ruling the country.

They still have to have the Senate play ball. They could cut the funding off but Boner doesn't/didn't have the nads.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like what?! The House passed budgets and oodles of bills! Only to have Harry file 13 them. He was Obama's firewall, and somehow they and the media blamed the repubs in congress! What the hell you been watching man?

Let's see....those budgets they tried to pass wouldn't have passed if every single elected official was a Republican. Where was the immigration bill? Or the healthcare bill? Where was the meaningful legislation? Hoddy is right. Bones got outplayed politically a Jillion times.

Congress has earned the name do nothing because they didn't try.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have no immigration bill because the public doesn't want one. Those budgets were in fact passed by the House which means they did their job. Harry stopped them cold. See what I mean? You are blaming them too. What were the supposed to do take a platoon in there and force the Senate to pass them at the point of m4s?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Dennis. Let me remind you. Congress has had the purse strings for the past 4 years Obama's term. They'll have it for the next 2 as well.

Let me give you an example of Congressional power and purse strings. Nixon wanted to continue the VN War....the Democratic led majority voted to defund the entire War thus bringing an end to the War in which you were drafted.

Yes Congress allowed Obama to spend every red cent of our tax dollars for the past 6 years....and the GOP has held the power of the purse for the last 4 years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis. Let me remind you. Congress has had the purse strings for the past 4 years Obama's term. They'll have it for the next 2 as well.

Let me give you an example of Congressional power and purse strings. Nixon wanted to continue the VN War....the Democratic led majority voted to defund the entire War thus bringing an end to the War in which you were drafted.

Yes Congress allowed Obama to spend every red cent of our tax dollars for the past 6 years....and the GOP has held the power of the purse for the last 4 years.

LOL, check out how Harry Ried stopped every spending bill out of the house. Then get back with me.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have no immigration bill because the public doesn't want one. Those budgets were in fact passed by the House which means they did their job. Harry stopped them cold. See what I mean? You are blaming them too. What were the supposed to do take a platoon in there and force the Senate to pass them at the point of m4s?

I think the public wanted a immigration bill but Cruz and the Tea Parties kinda didnt. But that's another thread. I will concede that Reid did a lot of blocking if you'll concede that repealing Obamacare and counting that as worthwhile bills was a colossal waste of legislative time considering Obama would veto it and we'll never get 2/3 to repeal it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom