The number of children killed in the next school shooting may be much higher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After this incident or the next one, the Anti's will have the conversation of Banning something, with us or without us.

If we give them the same logical and reasonable arguments, we shouldnt expect the same result. Emotional arguments tend to win in our political situation. And that sucks for us.

Then lets make our arguments "emotional". Now, how do we do that?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we bend anymore, on anything, we'll break, so as for me, NO THANKS!!!

Absolutely. Don't give an inch, and go down fighting. It doesn't matter if you compromise or not, they're going to do whatever they want. At least lose with pride.

There is no compromise to be had if any party to the deal is negotiating in bad faith.

Those who wish to disarm us have patiently waited for tragic events so they could be manipulated and exploited for the cause of gun control.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Then lets make our arguments "emotional". Now, how do we do that?

Thats kinda my point, drawing a line in the sand or going into a negotiation with your mind made up is not going to further the cause. Talking to a wall is not negotiating.

As a gunowner i think we owe it to ourselves to listen, suggest or insist, but you cant listen, suggest or insist unless your willing to sit down and talk.

For me, as ive said in other posts, the "mental" argument is our weakest argument, we should address it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats kinda my point, drawing a line in the sand or going into a negotiation with your mind made up is not going to further the cause. Talking to a wall is not negotiating.

As a gunowner i think we owe it to ourselves to listen, suggest or insist, but you cant listen, suggest or insist unless your willing to sit down and talk.

For me, as ive said in other posts, the "mental" argument is our weakest argument, we should address it.

The problem I see with the suggestion we sit down and talk with the attitude that we "either bend our stance or risk losing gunrights" (sic), is that the whole conversation is based on a fallacy.

Nothing that would come from those negotiations is going to make a difference in stopping evil people from doing evil things because we are not talking about the evil part. I have no illusion that the people who
believe in gun control are interested in addressing the root cause.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem I see with the suggestion we sit down and talk with the attitude that we "either bend our stance or risk losing gunrights" (sic), is that the whole conversation is based on a fallacy.

Nothing that would come from those negotiations is going to make a difference in stopping evil people from doing evil things because we are not talking about the evil part. I have no illusion that the people who
believe in gun control are interested in addressing the root cause.

I agree we're not going to stop evil from happening but we can make it harder for "mental" people to buy firearms.

A stupid question on a even stupider form isnt enough.

Last edited:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree we're not going to stop evil from happening but we can make it harder for "mental" people to buy firearms.

A stupid question on a even stupider for isnt enough.

"Mental" people should not have firearms. I agree with that. I think we all agree with that. How do we go about stopping the Loughners without some sort of suitability test for purchases, or is that a reasonable solution? Even if we did have a test it wont stop the Lanzas of the world killing some body and taking their guns.

As for the second sentence, I need a clarification or translation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom