The Ruger American Pistol Compact in .45 Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Sir, that looks pretty darn good to me! You can drop that "wobbly" noise, you did alright as far as I can tell. It looks like you hit him pretty much right down the middle (except for your two slightly off center shots anyway) That bad guy is done for. I like the looks of that pistol and I liked reading your review as well. Nice write up and good shooting...looks like you have a darn fine pistol there in that RAP indeed. Thanks for the info. As far as the SR40, yeah, I agree that the sights need a bit of fine tuning, but that's easy enough. Keep on shooting and posting! :gun2:

I'm not sure where you are in relation to the OKC metro, but several of us are getting together next Sunday Feb 5th at 10:00 AM at Big Boys Guns and Range to shoot, shoot each other's guns, swap lies, BS...you know the drill. Following that, we will go to Halftime Grill about noon and continue with the BS and lies anyway as we chow down on chicken and burgers. I'll be bringing a Ruger SR1911 9mm and my new Ruger MK IV .22 pistol as well as a couple of others. Join us if you can.

James41

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, appreciate the invite, but i doubt i will be able to make it. I live 150-200 miles east of you right on the Oklahoma Arkansas border about 4 miles from Fort Smith, Arkansas. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, maybe i will be able to make the next one. I don't usually travel more than 200 miles in one day anymore so i would have to spend the night on the road someplace on a trip to OK City. Last time i went to Tulsa i almost didn't make it back in the same day. Hell getting old !!

I would have adjusted the SR40's rear sight at the range, but i didn't have a 5/64 allen wrench in my box. Have since done it here at home and am waiting for another chance to get back to the range to see if i got it right. Will be sure to take the proper allen wrench with me next time so i can finish it up if needed. Love the gun it shoots very well, looks great, carries great, hides well...just an all around good carry weapon. I have 3 of the 15 round mags for it so that gives me 46 rounds total without having to reload, just switch mags...

Oh ya almost forgot, i scared myself when i got home and broke the RAP and the SR40 down for cleaning. After i got both of em cleaned up and i started putting the RAP back together, something that is both quick and simple, i picked up the recoil spring to put it in and somehow pushed on it, not in the gun, and the spring jumped off !!! Thought i was never going to get it back on. Finally got it back on and put the gun back together. Everything seemed to be working fine.

Got out the manual and checked it...it showed the recoil spring as going in the SR40...YIKES !! i thought i had put in the wrong one... Any way i finally figured out the manual for both the RAP and the SR40 show different types of springs and both my guns were opposite of what they showed. Anyway, both guns are back together and working fine...:thanku:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom