The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I would be concerned about would be another pandemic like Covid, where due to social distancing, crimes are not prosecuted, and authorities lose control of our cities, which then spreads to surrounding areas
Already happening.

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come."
-Nicene Creed

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id recruit a Psycologist first. to recognate those bad apples. Keep in mind, narcissists are masters at getting people to like them
True, but there are all sorts of membership groups, car clubs, the Masons, etc. so if everyone was so worried about that then you could never have a club a church or any group coming together for common purpose. There are ways to run background checks and nobody is talking about letting them babysit the kids. Anyway, it was just an idea; doubt it will ever come to fruition unless someone starts sending PM's. But then again, maybe the guy with the land could be a nut LOL. Reminds me of that old Ice-T movie about him being hired as a "hunting guide" by some psychopaths.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as the dead rising to eat the living is a pretty farfetched idea, what a reference to the Zombie Apocolypse is, is a more lighthearted way to describe the unthinkble, a total collapse of society

However, if you've played the game or are watching the the HBO show "The Last of US", you know that there are more thoeretical ways that a "zombie" outbreak could start.

That being said, I am not preparing for the legions of risen dead or fungi infected humans, it' s just a fun thought experiment. What I would be concerned about would be another pandemic like Covid, where due to social distancing, crimes are not prosecuted, and authorities lose control of our cities, which then spreads to surrounding areas
Read the Jakarta Pandemic.

Was pretty scary reading it again at the beginning of Covid.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been preparing my whole life I suppose tho I expect nothing to really happen in my lifetime. But I have prepared for my family. They will have a place to ‘retreat’ that is fairly sustainable and fairly remote as can be from large populous cities yet still close enough to enjoy now. Beides hunting potential I have small livestock that will survive and procreate. Tho’ stocked my fear is long term ammo needed to protect
I started building my own little machine shop so I could make or fix anything. Stockpiling lead, brass, steel, and learning to turn it into the stuff I want or need. I could get by without my meds for a while. Back is bad enough that I might not be all the much use without someone young and healthy to do stuff the back won't allow without meds and constant doctor visits for pain relief procedures. SWMBO is in far worse shape than I am, so I expect we will both die in place. I'm sure she'd not be that much threat as a zombie, except that they seem to be nearly immune to pain. Black Tide Rising is a very very good series! Read most of them multiple times. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom