The Zombie Apocalypse and You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine I wouldn't survive very long after stockpiles of food have run out and most prepackged food was unattainable. I've never been hunting and wouldn't know what to do with a deer or hog if I managed to kill one. I've been fishing all my life though, and I imagine that if I could find a decent fishing spot, I could survive off of that for a little while, but I'm sure a fishing spot would be a dangerous place to be at between literal zombies and the types of survivors who wouldn't think twice about killing you for your stuff.

Did a quick wiki search on the Black Tide Rising series, I'm gonna check it out. Zombie fiction is one of my favorite genres of media
DANG!!!!!!!!! I hate to be the barer of bad news, but the zombies, and homosexuals, are loose in OUR nations capital!! They are called Democratc Politicians, and the news media!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually interesting premise in the new HBO series, "The Last of Us." The zombie apocalypse is caused by a fungus that keeps its host alive by gradually replacing the hosts tissue with the fungus. Obviously they took many liberties in medicine and science.

As for my survival, I may or may not survive. I have some skills, I have some prepper supplies, but anything can happen and with my luck not the best. It may not be other civilians or infected to worry about, it my be martial law and soldiers who want what you have horded. It would be nice to think that people would band together, protect doctors, organize and start farming crops and develop a system of barter and trade, be able to scavenge and rebuild. It will have to happen, lest we become feral and forget all that was learned over the centuries.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually interesting premise in the new HBO series, "The Last of Us." The zombie apocalypse is caused by a fungus that keeps its host alive by gradually replacing the hosts tissue with the fungus. Obviously they took many liberties in medicine and science.

As for my survival, I may or may not survive. I have some skills, I have some prepper supplies, but anything can happen and with my luck not the best. It may not be other civilians or infected to worry about, it my be martial law and soldiers who want what you have horded. It would be nice to think that people would band together, protect doctors, organize and start farming crops and develop a system of barter and trade, be able to scavenge and rebuild. It will have to happen, lest we become feral and forget all that was learned over the centuries.
Not too far fetched cordyceps is a fungus that does that to insect. It takes control of their brain and makes them climb into the tree canopy for spore dispersal.
R (31).jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I imagine I wouldn't survive very long after stockpiles of food have run out and most prepackged food was unattainable. I've never been hunting and wouldn't know what to do with a deer or hog if I managed to kill one. I've been fishing all my life though, and I imagine that if I could find a decent fishing spot, I could survive off of that for a little while, but I'm sure a fishing spot would be a dangerous place to be at between literal zombies and the types of survivors who wouldn't think twice about killing you for your stuff.

Did a quick wiki search on the Black Tide Rising series, I'm gonna check it out. Zombie fiction is one of my favorite genres of media
You get hungry you will figure it out..... Cavemen managed so surely someone with the ability to read and write can figure out which part you cook and which part you throw out And you get hungry enough rat gonna taste like a meal fit for a king LOL..... Ok , so I have never eaten a rat but a squirrel is just a bushy tail tree rat and I have had that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom