ThermaCELL- Results?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? Results?

I do not want to get eaten up again this year during early bow season. I was curious though if the ThermaCell produced a chemical odor or noise that would alert deer at close bow ranges.

Any thoughts or comments from those with first hand experience?

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best hunting invention in the last decade. I see a little smoke come off mine and i think I can catch a wiff of it every now and then, but who cares!!!! It dont seem to bother the deer and you could hunt naked if you wanted too!!!!!

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Florida for the past 3 years and used one religiously for most of the 6 month hunting season. It works very well. I wouldn't say it was 100% but I went in to the stand without it one time and I will never do that again! It works against just about everything including the no-seeums.

I primarily archery hunt and use it in Oklahoma now during the early hunting season and even use it when I'm scouting. As soon as I start getting buzzed by the flying things or feel the first bite, I'll fire it up and just leave it running. Get yourself one of the carrying cases for it and strap it to a backpack or your belt and it works even when you're walking around.

Does it smell?... Well, there is a slight odor almost like a citronella candle. But the deer don't seem to mind. I've had a ton of deer walk right under my stand with my thermacell running and they didn't pay any attention to it. They didn't seem to even know I was there. But just like you would if you didn't have a thermacell, you still have to be smart and play the wind. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Buy the pads and butane in the big box and they'll last you all hunting season. I used to use a new pad each time I went out, but started reusing the old ones until they turned all white and they seemed to work just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom