ThermaCELL- Results?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, here's contrary opinion. If it's windy, then (a) it blows the repellent away, and (b) more importantly, it's not needed anyway. If it's CALM, or nearly calm (<5 mph), then the repellent hovers around me, I breathe it in, and it gives me a headache.

So, it only works for me when there's just a slight breeze, around 5-10 mph. Just enough to keep the heavy fumes from gathering around my head, but not so much as to make it completely unneeded (when the pests would be blown away anyway).

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, here's contrary opinion. If it's windy, then (a) it blows the repellent away, and (b) more importantly, it's not needed anyway. If it's CALM, or nearly calm (<5 mph), then the repellent hovers around me, I breathe it in, and it gives me a headache.

So, it only works for me when there's just a slight breeze, around 5-10 mph. Just enough to keep the heavy fumes from gathering around my head, but not so much as to make it completely unneeded (when the pests would be blown away anyway).
it gives me a headache too, but i hate bugs

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you bought a ThermaCell pre-Obama, they work fine. Shortly after his election, ThermaCells made all of these promises and relied on the message of "change" and "hope". Since then it has been nothing but irritating and falls short of expectations.

Luckily I bought mine pre-Obama and I am sold on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom