They can take this **** back up north!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, last night our Son came by on his way back to OSU. I walked him out to his truck to say goodbye and I prefer to watch him drive down the 400' driveway and head East on Hwy 16 until he's out of sight. I know for a fact that I walked out then back in the walk through door of the garage, not the garage door. I also ALWAYS make it a habit (slight OCD) to check every door lock in the house, peak in the garage and be sure the garage door and walkthrough doors are closed and lock then set the house alarm then off to bed.

Fast forward to this morning at 7am. Take the GSD puppy out in the yard first thing and notice our large drive in garage door is open. I thought phuck!!! Don't have a clue as to how or why it was open all night. THe problem is in one nook area of the garage is where our water well comes into/through the garage floor, our Culligan system and our pressure tank with all associated plumbing. Go into house and we have no water pressure at all.

Our garage normally stays decently warm due to insulation and two sides of the garage are surrounded by other interior house rooms so only the garage door, people door and one wall are touched by the outside temps. I rought two space heaters into the garage and put on one the metal pressure tank and one on the Culligan tank. Got those heated up for 30 minutes then put them both on swivel to cover the maze of pvc and Pex pipe in that area. Also took a mini torch and heated any larger brass fittings careful not to burn any pipes or pex, etc. One of the big fittings was, I think, the pressure switch. Within an hour I noticed the pressure tank that was stuck on about 25psi was slowly moving higher in pressure and about two hours total we had all water back on in the house.

Not sure if I got lucky or what because i really didn't have any idea what I was doing but something seemed to work in my favor. Thawing the brass fittings and pressure switch or the space heaters or both, I don't know. I consider myself lucky.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, last night our Son came by on his way back to OSU. I walked him out to his truck to say goodbye and I prefer to watch him drive down the 400' driveway and head East on Hwy 16 until he's out of sight. I know for a fact that I walked out then back in the walk through door of the garage, not the garage door. I also ALWAYS make it a habit (slight OCD) to check every door lock in the house, peak in the garage and be sure the garage door and walkthrough doors are closed and lock then set the house alarm then off to bed.

Fast forward to this morning at 7am. Take the GSD puppy out in the yard first thing and notice our large drive in garage door is open. I thought phuck!!! Don't have a clue as to how or why it was open all night. THe problem is in one nook area of the garage is where our water well comes into/through the garage floor, our Culligan system and our pressure tank with all associated plumbing. Go into house and we have no water pressure at all.

Our garage normally stays decently warm due to insulation and two sides of the garage are surrounded by other interior house rooms so only the garage door, people door and one wall are touched by the outside temps. I rought two space heaters into the garage and put on one the metal pressure tank and one on the Culligan tank. Got those heated up for 30 minutes then put them both on swivel to cover the maze of pvc and Pex pipe in that area. Also took a mini torch and heated any larger brass fittings careful not to burn any pipes or pex, etc. One of the big fittings was, I think, the pressure switch. Within an hour I noticed the pressure tank that was stuck on about 25psi was slowly moving higher in pressure and about two hours total we had all water back on in the house.

Not sure if I got lucky or what because i really didn't have any idea what I was doing but something seemed to work in my favor. Thawing the brass fittings and pressure switch or the space heaters or both, I don't know. I consider myself lucky.

Heat tapes are your friend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad used to say, "There ain't nothin between here and Alaska but a fence and it's down."
My grandpa always said the farms in Grant county only had one obstruction between that place and the north pole. Barbed wire fences, and wind blew the barbs off the fences many years ago.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Extremely!

Latest posts

Top Bottom