Things you do because you are tight!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Craigslist for both cars, paid in full so only require liability insurance of $250 every six months. Craigslist also for many household items on the cheap, Keurig coffee maker, deep fryer, bedroom suite, etc.. My wife calls me Craigslist King....

Can't think of a hunting item I haven't bought off this site, Craigslist or Armslist. I usually choke a little when I see the new prices at Cabela's or Bass Pro on some of the items I've picked up in perfect condition for a fraction of their original cost.

The wife cooks most every night so next day lunch is leftovers, and always good.

I commute so always fill up at Sam's or similar so don't pay my smaller town prices.

Work cloths are generic khaki type so I usually just hit the goodwill every few months and pick up work cloths on the cheap.

Reload my own ammo and have enjoyed the hobby and saved a ton.

Family night at the Dollar movies. If you have 4 and go see a 3D you need to practically take out a loan, then food on top of that.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For 11 years I became a master at recycling used vegetable oil (think chicken fry resturants or any place that fries a lot of foods) and made it into clean dry fuel for my diesels. I drive an average of 20k miles a year so I consumed approx. 1,300 gal a year (average 15 mpg). Did this for 11 years or a total of 14,300 - rounded up to 15,000 to cover those extra lake trips. I use $3.25 as an average per gal. of diesel equivalent during those years, so thats roughly $49,000 dollars I saved because the vegi oil was 100% free to collect and run through a centrifuge. About 220k total miles on free vegi oil.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom