Thinking of Applying to Become a Trooper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are there any current troopers out there who could give me insight? I think it would be an incredibly rewarding job. I'm reading about the Academy - it seems pretty intense!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be an incredibly rewarding job.

You think it would be rewarding. OKAY.

Have you sat down and analyzed that thought? Pretty important to do so as you're making a life decision here. What aspects of being a state trooper do you believe to be rewarding.

Make a list just for yourself.

That list will either justify your decision or turn you away from it.

Career choices are never easy. They're tough to make and the consequences can be less than stellar if one just leaps into the deep end of the pool.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Paul Gordon from S.O.R was a trooper. (as well as many other things), but from what i hear..you shouldnt put too much hope of the fact that you will be employed by simply applying. They will pick you for the job from your department, with reccomendation. Atleast thats what i was told, it may be wrong but I know Oklahoma Troopers are some hardcore fricking warriors of doom!

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you should get a reply on here before the day is out from Badge Bunny or Glock Cop, that is if you are referring to OHP. GC has been OHP for 20 plus or 25 plus years can't remember when he got out of the military service and joined OHP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom