Thinking of Applying to Become a Trooper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slide

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion being a trooper or police officer is a calling.I don't know what it is but you think about it from childhood. Maybe it's something you are born with. It can be rewarding and it can rip your guts out. You will see some things that most people never see much less experience. You will work nights, holidays, weekends. Callouts will become a way of life for you. There will be people that think you are nothing but a walking target. I was a city cop and was called pig,oinker,and a lot worse. It is hours of routine and then minutes of supercharged madness. Wrecks,family disturbances, man with a gun calls,etc. I always thought I was there to help people.Sometimes they won't let you help them. But,if you could it made it all worth it. The OHP is the top of the line. All the troopers that worked in my area were always ready to help anytime.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion being a trooper or police officer is a calling.I don't know what it is but you think about it from childhood. Maybe it's something you are born with. It can be rewarding and it can rip your guts out. You will see some things that most people never see much less experience. You will work nights, holidays, weekends. Callouts will become a way of life for you. There will be people that think you are nothing but a walking target. I was a city cop and was called pig,oinker,and a lot worse. It is hours of routine and then minutes of supercharged madness. Wrecks,family disturbances, man with a gun calls,etc. I always thought I was there to help people.Sometimes they won't let you help them. But,if you could it made it all worth it. The OHP is the top of the line. All the troopers that worked in my area were always ready to help anytime.
You are correct, top of the line. However, I know a few that in their small areas, smaller PD's who could be OHP without any problem but they like where they are. Just saying not all the good ones are with the OHP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom