This ****ing drain won't stop leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water seems to be finding its way between the black rubber gasket and the ceramic.

I've taken it apart several times trying to get it seated better with no luck.

Saw a post on reddit talking about using silicone in place of that gasket, but that seems counterintuitive.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20230928_105636.jpg
    20230928_105636.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 3

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a gasket doesn’t work, new or old, it’s time to replace it. I view them as consumables. When you buy a new setup, I suggest just buying a whole new drain, they’re not terribly expensive. When installing, double check the sealing face of that drain, make sure everything is clean and free of chips/cracks/etc, and reinstall the new gasket to the appropriate tightness.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a drain kit that came with a no name sink faucet off of Amazon. Leaked for 6 months no matter what seal or orientation i put on it.

Ended up replacing the stopper/drain kit with a Pfister drain kit. Never leaked again.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Water seems to be finding its way between the black rubber gasket and the ceramic.

I've taken it apart several times trying to get it seated better with no luck.

Saw a post on reddit talking about using silicone in place of that gasket, but that seems counterintuitive.

Any ideas?
may have to find one with a metal tail piece so you can get tight enough! but try pulling it out make a rope of plumbers putty bed the top in sink drain in that still use your rubber on the bottom and snug up the best you can works most of the time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom