This is crazy...... (tort reform)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid should hurt. It sucks that it may hurt an innocent person, but the stupid person should be ridiculed and made to feel stupid. Not for being stupid, but for not accepting responsibility and for trying to shift their blame to a person or entity that in no way caused their stupidity.

I blame the father 100%. I'd tell him how incredibly sorry I was that his daughter suffered because he was so stupid, but it's his fault that his daughter got horribly burned and he should remember that when he looks at her, rather than ruining the lives of 117 other people in order to make himself feel better. :(

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid should hurt. It sucks that it may hurt an innocent person, but the stupid person should be ridiculed and made to feel stupid. Not for being stupid, but for not accepting responsibility and for trying to shift their blame to a person or entity that in no way caused their stupidity.

I blame the father 100%. I'd tell him how incredibly sorry I was that his daughter suffered because he was so stupid, but it's his fault that his daughter got horribly burned and he should remember that when he looks at her, rather than ruining the lives of 117 other people in order to make himself feel better. :(

But that would be admitting it was his fault and in today's society it is never their fault. It is either big business, those evil Republicans, the Police, or society as a whole.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This and the story about the mother suing the store because he son was killed robbing the store are great examples of the reasons we need common sense tort reform.

EDIT: Yes I know common sense is usually not found when political types write laws but we really need to try.

We don't even need tort reform, we just need some common sense to be possessed by the judges. How about when they first get into court, we have a judge say "Okay so....you seriously want to sue the gas can manufacturer because you are a negligent dumb ass? Not in my court you're not! Now you get to pay all court costs and the defendants legal fees, if you don't have it paid in 30 days, you will be jailed for 30 days and then you will work for the defendant salary free at the rate of minimum wage until said fees are paid. Case dismissed!" Slams gavel....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't even need tort reform, we just need some common sense to be possessed by the judges. How about when they first get into court, we have a judge say "Okay so....you seriously want to sue the gas can manufacturer because you are a negligent dumb ass? Not in my court you're not! Now you get to pay all court costs and the defendants legal fees, if you don't have it paid in 30 days, you will be jailed for 30 days and then you will work for the defendant salary free at the rate of minimum wage until said fees are paid. Case dismissed!" Slams gavel....

That would be wonderful and it does happen every now and then, but not nearly as often as it should. You have to remember most judges were lawyers too and can not go against the code.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have a feeling lots of these lawsuits are to shift the blame BECAUSE of his feeling guilty. Putting 117 people out of work is a still better alternative than accepting responsibility for the daughter getting burned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom