This is crazy...... (tort reform)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People do not know how bad this is going to suck until all we have are chinese gas cans. Everyone I ever seen was not much more durable than a milk jug.

There almost needs to be a high school course similar to home ec for young men were they teach not to do stupid stuff like pour gasoline on an open flame. They should issue grades with a rubber hose. If you are beat hard enough to draw blood you flunk and must retake the course.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about this..."Blah, blah, blah...you're a pack of dummies for supporting people who sell you out to big business and big insurance...blah, blah, blah blah. So lie in the bed you've made, my fat a$$ will be someplace else enjoying life...blah, blah, blah."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lament all you want, but when people so stupid they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel can use the courts to bankrupt a decent responsible business and put 117 people out of work, the blame lies in your court so to speak. :(

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This and the story about the mother suing the store because he son was killed robbing the store are great examples of the reasons we need common sense tort reform.

EDIT: Yes I know common sense is usually not found when political types write laws but we really need to try.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes this is bad. As basic as it may sound, I took a certain amount of pride in purchasing a simple gas can or oil drain pan that was made not only in America but right here in Oklahoma.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB Books said:
How about this..."Blah, blah, blah...you're a pack of dummies for supporting people who sell you out to big business and big insurance...blah, blah, blah blah. So lie in the bed you've made, my fat a$$ will be someplace else enjoying life...blah, blah, blah."

No, your fat a$$ will be on OSA stirring the pot telling us about how awesome your life is and how stupid we are.

Really, JB, is this a case you would take on? Some moron that blows himself up pouring gas on a fire and then wants to sue the gas can maker? At that rate, why not sue the oil company that made the gas? Deepest pockets right?

Despicable.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, your fat a$$ will be on OSA stirring the pot telling us about how awesome your life is and how stupid we are.

I don't think all of you are stupid. I think a lot of you let your emotions rule your decisions and shape your world view. This prevents you from seeing the proverbial "bigger picture." That doesn't make you stupid, it makes you shortsighted.

And FYI junior, my life is very busy and it is "wonderful" because I have an incredible wife, great staff and good friends. Making your life "wonderful" is not that difficult. It just takes a little work.

Really, JB, is this a case you would take on? Some moron that blows himself up pouring gas on a fire and then wants to sue the gas can maker? At that rate, why not sue the oil company that made the gas? Deepest pockets right?

No, I would not take a case like this. I feel for the child, and I wonder what evidence the jury had that compelled it to make an award against the company.

Whatever the case, it is a shame that the child was horribly burned and that the company has to close down. But also remember bankruptcy is a business tool, and the company may or may not stay shut down.

Despicable.

If it were your kid, maybe not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom