This is Ridiculous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how many actually clicked the article, but in addition to the USS Chancellorsville, they’re also planning on renaming Ft Hood, Ft Bragg and Ft Rucker among other places. I don’t know why these places were named after Confederate generals in the first place, but the point is that there is a military tradition and history associated with these bases and re-naming them erases much of that. It would be like re-designating the 101st Airborne as the 16th Airborne.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how many actually clicked the article, but in addition to the USS Chancellorsville, they’re also planning on renaming Ft Hood, Ft Bragg and Ft Rucker among other places. I don’t know why these places were named after Confederate generals in the first place, but the point is that there is a military tradition and history associated with these bases and re-naming them erases much of that. It would be like re-designating the 101st Airborne as the 16th Airborne.

They. Have. Lost. Their. F’n. Minds.

At that cost, buy something to support the troops. Buncha damn morons.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They’re following the Marxist/communist playbook to the letter by attempting to erase history.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This name change of bases (actually is posts) is going to cost millions of dollars multiplied. The names never hurt anyone but some stupid jerk said they offended him and then some other stupid jerk decided to rename the Army posts. It's A never ending circle. They'll probably name one "Fort Harvey Milk" to satisfy the derelicts in our society.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Ft. Liberty...how fcking douchy is that? They had some serious name options available and they go with that sh*t. Me and some bros were talking about this...some are still there so they get a rash of sh*t from us.

Why not Ft. Ridgeway, or Ft. Gavin, or Ft. Zabitosky or Simons. WTF. I bet they didn't go with any former Bragg heroes because they were straight up men and there was no way they could wrap an inclusive-woke-rainbow tortilla around that fckd up burrito.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know why these places were named after Confederate generals in the first place, but the point is that there is a military tradition and history associated with these bases and re-naming them erases much of that. It would be like re-designating the 101st Airborne as the 16th Airborne.
You have to remove the 21st century woke thought process and go back to the history of the country and post war/Reconstruction. These places were named after people who were members of the US military. Some went to the same academies as their Union counterparts. Some of these places were named after these men as a peace offering and to bury the hatchet and rebuild the country. Some because they were heroes before they became confederates.

Only in the last few years did anyone want to pick the scabs of the past and reignite hate in this country, but people tend to be short-sighted, selffish, and inattentive or uncaring for their past. In 100 years, if we aren't ash or in the stone age, we'll be asking the same sh*t because we don't read and learn history. Ignorance is Bliss

Latest posts

Top Bottom