This weekend - ? Alot of MUZZLE LOADERS out there ? SE OK by RATTAN/HUGO ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getsum

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on making a trip out and filling the feeders, riding the ATVs , etc with my wife and daughter on our place.
Just wondering if I shoudl expect much gun fire in the area due to MUZZLE LOADER opening on SAT ?

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never hunted at Rattan, but we go to Clayton every year and there are always lots of people around. Restraunts are normally full and so are the gas stations with hunters. This year could be different however because of the economy. I know that I will not be going this weekend with all my frineds, I will only be able to make the gun opener.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove in the area of hugo, antlers, clayton, and daisy. There are a bunch of people in the area and look to be getting ready to get down on some 777

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what the heck for?

it's not unusual for today's inline muzzleloaders to shoot nearly as accurate most any rifle within 100 yards.

my knight disc elite .50 cal shoots 1 moa at 100 yrds.
one shot with that big ole 50 cal slug should drop any deer if shooter is doing their part.

So you don't seem to think they are using MUZLE LOADERS, but just regular BOLT ACTION or MAG fed rifles......

Breaking the rules - That would be a no no............ :madbox:

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what the heck for?

it's not unusual for today's inline muzzleloaders to shoot nearly as accurate most any rifle within 100 yards.

my knight disc elite .50 cal shoots 1 moa at 100 yrds.
one shot with that big ole 50 cal slug should drop any deer if shooter is doing their part.

He's not talking about the sound, but the short delay between shots... too close together for a reload on a muzzleloader.
Although I have a friend who carries 2 loaded inlines so he can get a second shot if needed, maybe others do too.
There are lots of "poach-hunters" in my area that use 45-70 and .44 mag rifles rather than muzzleloaders. bullet holes are about the same size. there is simply too much private land for the game ranger to cover it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom