Thordsen Customs cheek kit on AR Pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a stabilizing brace; the open letter from this month really does not apply. It's simply a cheek weld for the ever-present buffer tube. It's not intended to be shouldered any more than a buffer tube already is supposed to be.

I have one but not yet assembled/installed. I need to find time to get all my parts together.

jhopkins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see what you're saying about it being legal to have on there, but what is the purpose for a cheek piece on a pistol? The buffer has to be there for function, but this seems to be another way to try and get around the law just as the brace is. I know both the cheek piece and brace are legal to be on the pistol but in the end the user will be using them both to shoulder the sbr... I mean pistol. I just don't understand why not just do the paper work for a sbr and not have to worry about how its being used.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see what you're saying about it being legal to have on there, but what is the purpose for a cheek piece on a pistol? The buffer has to be there for function, but this seems to be another way to try and get around the law just as the brace is. I know both the cheek piece and brace are legal to be on the pistol but in the end the user will be using them both to shoulder the sbr... I mean pistol. I just don't understand why not just do the paper work for a sbr and not have to worry about how its being used.
My problem with the sbr, is that we go out of state a lot and are looking at moving out of state in the future. I don't want the headache.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like that.

I used to have a plain black rubber Harley-Davidson handlebar grip on mine. They have a 1" handle bar, and it was pretty thick. By the time I got it stretched over that tube (windex and compressed air), it added 1/2" to the back, and made the tube diameter about 1 1/2". Made for a great cheek weld, either slung and pushed forward, or shouldered. That Thordson thing looks cooler.

Now if the people will stop making videos and writing letters and calling their pistols tax free SBRs we will be a-ok.

Speaking along those lines, why isn't this in the gear or pistol section, and is in rifle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom