Thoughts on this rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this posted on another message forum and thought it would be a pretty cool item to have. The price doesn't seem to be bad and it's a cool piece of history. Is this a worthy buy for occasional use and cool factor?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3MOSIN9130X

also, I've never dealt with online buying. I go through a local FFL holder to seal the deal, correct? I'm located in MWC if someone has a suggestion and what to expect on the middle-man fees.

Thanks!

Nifrost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide to purchase, have it shipped to Sooner State Pawn... They'll charge you a $10 transfer fee and are very professional. I've dealt with them in the past and highly recommend.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this posted on another message forum and thought it would be a pretty cool item to have. The price doesn't seem to be bad and it's a cool piece of history. Is this a worthy buy for occasional use and cool factor?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3MOSIN9130X

also, I've never dealt with online buying. I go through a local FFL holder to seal the deal, correct? I'm located in MWC if someone has a suggestion and what to expect on the middle-man fees.

Thanks!

Can't go wrong with a Mosin. Ammo is cheap and plentiful for it (used to be, haven't checked in awhile) and it has some knock down power. They aren't the most accurate rifles in the world, but will hold their own. I would run it like it is.

Darva

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a Mosin just to make some mods to it.
Looks like a good purchase.. if you get one that's in good shape.
It says that there is no returns.. cross your fingers?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a Mosin just to make some mods to it.
Looks like a good purchase.. if you get one that's in good shape.
It says that there is no returns.. cross your fingers?

Aim Surplus is a pretty legit website. They are good guys.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought two mosins from AIM surplus about 3 years ago. I did the hand select and they didn't dissappoint me.

Just have them shipped to your local FFL if you have one, otherwise check around and see who will do the transfer for you.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you didn't get one before they sold out, sometimes Sooner State Pawn has em, and I think Big Boys Guns and Ammo is like the mosin capital of the state, but I haven't seen their stock since the panic, they may be cleaned out too. They usually run around $120 locally which isn't that bad once you factor in shipping and transfer fees buying online.

I got mine from Honeybee back when he did the group buy. Best $80 I ever spent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom