Thunder Stadium Vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In always annoyed the city puts these votes on non traditional elections days. It is should be the second Tuesday in November. I know it is on purpose to try to get those enthusiastic about it out in the majority.

I betcha 10% of the city will vote. Sad 10% of the populous gets to vote in a $900,000,000 tax increase.

And done give me it is only a penny. It is $900,000,000 tax increase. It is not zero sum. The money will be spent by the citizens own means if the tax is voted down.

While I am on it, the city cannot maintain the roads and it wants to drop $900,000,000 on a building. The Thunder aren’t paving my roads.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think that I'd vote for it if I lived in OKC and I think that the owners should pony up a lot more than $50MM. Maybe if each of the 8 members of the ownership group ponied up $50MM then there would be more support for the new arena.

Dadfish

Dadfish
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I moved out of OKC in July, no dog in the fight. But the 85% will pay for the 15% or 10% that go to games. There is bacteria resistant pneumonia winding its way through China right now, carefully kept out of the news. How many more diseases will it take to shut down indoor spectating?

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clean up Bricktown! The last 2 games my wife and grand daughter attended and was walking back to the car, They found themselves right in the middle of 2 gangs having a shoot out. People running scared and hiding all around. Not one single thing on the local news. This has been going on for a while as we know a person killed walking home to those Newish apt North of Bricktown. He was shot and thrown over the bridge. Not a single word about from the news. The news tries to protect the millionaires investment without any care of the victims. Sad but True! We used to love to go to Ball games ect in Bricktown but now the gangs have taken over and its not safe.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The people that will benefit the most are the ones that need the money the least. No more Welfare for million and billionaires. Let them invest their own money and maybe try to manage it. When the Thunder started ignoring the National Anthem I quit going to the games.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This cost divided equally against okc population would be 1300 dollars each. But that is just to simple.
At least with a sales tax, if you don't like it, you can run to Norman or Moore or MWC to do your shopping. I'd be pissed as hell if the tax man sent me a bill for $1300 to support something I opposed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom