Thunder vs Grizzlies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^THIS.

I can't tell you how many times I've been amazed to see someone do exactly that (snatch a board or block a shot) and then realize that was our point guard!!!!

Anyways, it's just a slump... it's not a bigger disease. They just need to work out of it before they get knocked out of the playoffs and then peak at the right time (aka the Finals).

Sounds like people are awwed over a little snazzyness occasionally. How about the truth. Westbrook has averaged 0.2, NOT 2, but ZERO POINT 2, blocks per game this year. His average on steals... 1.9. How does averaging 4+ turn overs per game offset those low numbers, especially when he hits 6+ turnovers pretty regularly?

Sure, he has athletic ability, can't deny that, but unless he can learn to play with more control, he is just a liability to a championship team.

Reggie keeps playing the way he has been, and improving like he has been, I would doubt we'd resign Westbrook with the kind of money he's probably going to want end of his contract . Reggie is more consistent and reliable, and doesn't have a bum knee. We'll bend over backwards to keep KD, as we should, but he needs a PG with better vision if what he says is true "It's all about Championships now." - KD

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like people are awwed over a little snazzyness occasionally. How about the truth. Westbrook has averaged 0.2, NOT 2, but ZERO POINT 2, blocks per game this year. His average on steals... 1.9. How does averaging 4+ turn overs per game offset those low numbers, especially when he hits 6+ turnovers pretty regularly?

Sure, he has athletic ability, can't deny that, but unless he can learn to play with more control, he is just a liability to a championship team.

Reggie keeps playing the way he has been, and improving like he has been, I would doubt we'd resign Westbrook with the kind of money he's probably going to want end of his contract . Reggie is more consistent and reliable, and doesn't have a bum knee. We'll bend over backwards to keep KD, as we should, but he needs a PG with better vision if what he says is true "It's all about Championships now." - KD

Give me a break... I'm not some stupid teenager buying into the latest fad or wowed by "snazziness." I'm not out wearing Westbrook jerseys or big red glasses to try to fit into the fad. Could you possibly be any more insulting? Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt that you would try, since you obviously don't think Westbrook is worth his salt, and anyone who believes he's a great player is an idiot. Honestly, you can talk about his "bum knee" all you want, but his knee has been stellar since his return. Yes, he had an injury, but it's been rehabbed and he hasn't lost a step. Not one. His speed is as good as ever. Hasn't lost a millisecond. I'm sure you could do better, though.

Yes, Reggie Jackson is phenomenal. He's almost as good as Westbrook, in my book, but isn't quite there. Yes, last night he had a great game. Thank God. But having a slump or a few off games isn't a reason to dump one of the biggest-ticket franchise players in the NBA. And I guarantee you, if we did, even with RJ to replace him, we'd regret it when he came back up against us.

Personally, I think you're short-sighted... having RJ and MW is 5x better than either one alone. My fear is that we won't give RJ the money he wants and he'll end up like The Beard - gone. But I wouldn't get rid of Westbrook (yet) on his behalf. That would be a terrible move, IMNSHO. Sorry.

But I won't insult you because you have a different opinion. It's your right, it's just annoying when you attack someone because of something so simple and unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tR,
I'm of the opinion that Westbrook is an incredible individual player. One of the most dynamic players in the league. But I truly feel this particular Thunder team is better with Reggie, instead of Westbrook, on the floor. You don't have to believe Reggie is the better player to think we are a better team with him over Westbrook. There's a lot more to a team that re sum of individual players. I know you already know that and I'm sure you disagree with my assessment and that's okay. I think that's what excat was trying to say.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tR,
I'm of the opinion that Westbrook is an incredible individual player. One of the most dynamic players in the league. But I truly feel this particular Thunder team is better with Reggie, instead of Westbrook, on the floor. You don't have to believe Reggie is the better player to think we are a better team with him over Westbrook. There's a lot more to a team that re sum of individual players. I know you already know that and I'm sure you disagree with my assessment and that's okay. I think that's what excat was trying to say.

The team certainly meshed well when he was hurt/gone.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
tR,
I'm of the opinion that Westbrook is an incredible individual player. One of the most dynamic players in the league. But I truly feel this particular Thunder team is better with Reggie, instead of Westbrook, on the floor. You don't have to believe Reggie is the better player to think we are a better team with him over Westbrook. There's a lot more to a team that re sum of individual players. I know you already know that and I'm sure you disagree with my assessment and that's okay.

Hey, I get that... not a problem with that opinion. At all. They did GREAT with RJ at the helm, but if you look at numbers, MW's are superior to RJ's in so many categories... but, that's not knocking RJ in any way OR trying to say he wouldn't do a great job at the helm.

BUT....

I think that's what excat was trying to say.

What he actually said was indeed.....

Sounds like people are awwed over a little snazzyness occasionally.

Not quite the same thing. Having a different opinion and arguing the various +'s and -'s, being respectful and all being on the same side. It's dismissive, rude and insulting. But hey... if that's what he's goin' for, he pulled it off. Anyways, it's ok, it's not a big deal. I'm guilty of being the same way with some folks on other occasions in other situations. It's the internet. C'est la vie.

GusMan405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game 1 win.... Thunder will sweep the series
Game 2 loss... Thunder suck, they will never win a championship, Brooks is a horrible coach, Westbrook blows
Game 3 loss... Thunder really suck, why does Brooks still have a job, we need Lebron James not Dursnt
Game 4 win.... Thunder will win the Championship, Brooks is 1 of the best coaches in the NBA, & Durant & Westbrook are the best 1-2 punch in the league

Based on all the social media comments...the last week has been a crazy emotional roller-coaster for OKC fans.

This is just a perfect example of why all series are now 7 games. This has been am EPIC series!!!

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give me a break... I'm not some stupid teenager buying into the latest fad or wowed by "snazziness." I'm not out wearing Westbrook jerseys or big red glasses to try to fit into the fad. Could you possibly be any more insulting? Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt that you would try, since you obviously don't think Westbrook is worth his salt, and anyone who believes he's a great player is an idiot. Honestly, you can talk about his "bum knee" all you want, but his knee has been stellar since his return. Yes, he had an injury, but it's been rehabbed and he hasn't lost a step. Not one. His speed is as good as ever. Hasn't lost a millisecond. I'm sure you could do better, though.

Yes, Reggie Jackson is phenomenal. He's almost as good as Westbrook, in my book, but isn't quite there. Yes, last night he had a great game. Thank God. But having a slump or a few off games isn't a reason to dump one of the biggest-ticket franchise players in the NBA. And I guarantee you, if we did, even with RJ to replace him, we'd regret it when he came back up against us.

Personally, I think you're short-sighted... having RJ and MW is 5x better than either one alone. My fear is that we won't give RJ the money he wants and he'll end up like The Beard - gone. But I wouldn't get rid of Westbrook (yet) on his behalf. That would be a terrible move, IMNSHO. Sorry.

But I won't insult you because you have a different opinion. It's your right, it's just annoying when you attack someone because of something so simple and unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

There was no insult meant in my comment, and after re-reading it, not sure how it was insulting, but apologize if I did insult you. I never said you were out wearing his jersey, or incinuated you were a fanboy of him. I just simply stated outside of his snazziness, and athleticism, he is not what the Thunder need and posted his season to date stats to show the point of my statement.

You can think I'm short sighted, that's fine. That's why we have a better winning record w/o Westbrook this year, than with him. We have played the worst basketball this year since All-Star break, when he returned.

Last edited:

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite the same thing. Having a different opinion and arguing the various +'s and -'s, being respectful and all being on the same side. It's dismissive, rude and insulting. But hey... if that's what he's goin' for, he pulled it off. Anyways, it's ok, it's not a big deal. I'm guilty of being the same way with some folks on other occasions in other situations. It's the internet. C'est la vie.

Were you in a bad mood when you read that? Dismissive...possibly, I'll even give you a probably to that. Rude and insulting, that's a far stretch for a tear to lash out at someone. Was it I put the "y" instead of the "i" in snazzyness that got you all up in a bunch? Or was it the simple fact that I disagree from your opinion, and quoted you? There's a few other's I could have quoted (instead of yours) if that would make you happy. (Yes that was rude and insulting, see what I did there. Now you have a reason to *****.) Until now, the only rudeness or insults have been slung by you.

FYI, the only thing mentioned about an "idiot" as you claim, is your own name. I never said anything bad about anyone that has a positive opinion of Westbrook. Please rewrite my entire comment to fit your butt hurt, only a few more words in there to cry about.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Game 1 win.... Thunder will sweep the series
Game 2 loss... Thunder suck, they will never win a championship, Brooks is a horrible coach, Westbrook blows
Game 3 loss... Thunder really suck, why does Brooks still have a job, we need Lebron James not Dursnt
Game 4 win.... Thunder will win the Championship, Brooks is 1 of the best coaches in the NBA, & Durant & Westbrook are the best 1-2 punch in the league

Based on all the social media comments...the last week has been a crazy emotional roller-coaster for OKC fans.

This is just a perfect example of why all series are now 7 games. This has been am EPIC series!!!

Bleh on social media! This also shows how deep the West is too though. I knew Memphis would put up a fight, but I didn't think it would be like this. I was thinking a 5 game, 6 max, but it's looking like it's going to be a 7 game now.

Durant and Brooks' job's are secure, IMO. I saw a commentator on ESPN (I think) talking about Brook's and if we lose this year.

It's going to be an intersting 3 more games, that's for sure, but I think (hope) we take. it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom