Thunder vs Grizzlies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
.....................fell asleep in my chair sometime mid first quarter..............good morning everyone, lol:) Thank goodness for Sportscenter!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I had all but given up hope midway through the 4th.

Thunder are NOT playing like they can. Not even a quarter of their potential. KD's shooting slump has been horrific, although he's still been able to put up 30+ per game, until last night. I don't know what's going on with them, but they've got to pull it together if it's going to work out.

I think Sefalosha needs to be dumped, personally. More offense in Serge's hands, Westbrook needs to concentrate more on penetration and dishing.

No doubt, Memphis deserves alot of credit for keeping this series SLOW, which definitely works in their favor.

Thank God we're coming back to OKC with it evened up.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kind of wondering about Westbrook and Brooks. Westbrook is just athletic and talented enough to get him past a lot of stupid possessions and Brooks seems stumped sometimes in which set to throw in.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about basketball but Westbrook seems like a spaz. Feels like he rushes things and doesn't give his team mates time to set up. He had what, seven turnovers last night?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of wondering about Westbrook and Brooks. Westbrook is just athletic and talented enough to get him past a lot of stupid possessions and Brooks seems stumped sometimes in which set to throw in.

I agree. Brooks is an average coach Xs and Os with championship caliber talent. No doubt the Thunder organization has been excellent at developing young players, but Brooks' plays out of timeouts leave a lot to be desired. Not enough good looks. Always a falling away 3pt attempt.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know much about basketball but Westbrook seems like a spaz. Feels like he rushes things and doesn't give his team mates time to set up. He had what, seven turnovers last night?

Thing is that his athleticism is so dynamic that it far out ways the turnovers. I mean how many incredible rebounds streaking into the paint or blocked shots on big men and steals are due to him? It more than offsets the amount of turnovers that he commits.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thing is that his athleticism is so dynamic that it far out ways the turnovers. I mean how many incredible rebounds streaking into the paint or blocked shots on big men and steals are due to him? It more than offsets the amount of turnovers that he commits.

^^^^THIS.

I can't tell you how many times I've been amazed to see someone do exactly that (snatch a board or block a shot) and then realize that was our point guard!!!!

Anyways, it's just a slump... it's not a bigger disease. They just need to work out of it before they get knocked out of the playoffs and then peak at the right time (aka the Finals).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brooks needs to get into Westbrook's azz and figure out how to coach him to play smarter. Hell, if he'd just use his head in a few more possessions then some of these close games are more likely to go our way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom