Time for a hip replacement!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck. When it is worst, remember that it'll be better. Do all the therapy, hate the therapist, but do it. I will hold a good thought (as effective as prayer).

My joints are about the only thing that are still good on me.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple thumb joints the doc keeps pushing me to have done with some new procedure where the rebuild them with cartilage from my arm.
I'm just too dang busy on my free time to give in. But he assures me I will find the time eventually.

Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.

orangpowr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope all goes well for you, my Mom fell broke her hip had a partial hip replacement, she is doing good for 80 was up walking the next day. My Uncle had both his replaced , he says he wishes he had done it years earlier. He stills drives from NW Arkansas to visit every couple months , he is in his late 70's

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought there was going to be a bunch of comments about you having taken "one to the hip" in here.

God speed in your recovery!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the well wishes, folks. Yeah, I fully expected some "one to the hip" comments! That new procedure where they go in from the front is 'minimally invasive' and they have you up walking the same day. Unfortunately, I was not a candidate for that!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, now I'm waiting ... just waiting. I was hoping to be first in line this morning, but it didn't happen. I don't even have to be at the hospital until 11:30! Surgery will probably take place sometime around 1:30 this afternoon. And, you know how that goes. They're never anywhere near on time. So, I figure it will be sometime late this afternoon or early evening before I make it to recovery ... best case scenario.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm home. Thanks for all the prayers, good thoughts and well-wishes. Surgery went well. They had to remove a bunch of extra bone ... and I mean a BUNCH! My body does too good a job at making new bone, and that was creating some of the problem(s). All good for now. Hope it stays that way. Now, for the rehab. Started PT the day after surgery, and I'm being a good boy and keeping up with my exercises here at home. Thanks, again, to everybody in my second family at OSA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom