Time magazine's 2019 Person of the Year...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately can't get something for nothing in physics so unless we go back to horses and covered wagons we have to deal with results of using petroleum products for power production in vehicles.
Lol, I remember reading somewhere about the horse poop that huge cities like New York & Chicago had to deal with on a daily basis around the turn of the 19th ... oops... 20th century (1900). Don't remember the numbers, but it was a staggering amount.

Not to mention that food crop production would go down the tubes with horse/mule/oxen-drawn implements and the current world population.
:drunk2:

EDIT: Ah, here ya go... "In New York in 1900, the population of 100,000 horses produced 2.5 million pounds of horse manure per day, which all had to be swept up and disposed of."
https://fee.org/articles/the-great-horse-manure-crisis-of-1894/

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately can't get something for nothing in physics so unless we go back to horses and covered wagons we have to deal with results of using petroleum products for power production in vehicles.

Let me add a bit more to this thought. With regards to all the alternative energy systems and "people's" desire to rid themselves of the petroleum industry, I wonder how much of the "systems" have "elements" within them that were made from petroleum?

When AOC came out with the green new deal, my wife seemed to have AOC living rent free in her head. We'd be driving down the road and she would likely come up and say, "well, if we do away with fossil fuels, we won't be able to make such-and-such anymore."

However, she hasn't done that in a while, so I think AOC moved out.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid should hurt, bad.

It's beginning to hurt our country, but sadly we have so many protections and such a huge economy there are so many buffers built into it, and the regulations and safety nets, it prevents the actual consequences of stupidity from being felt in any real way, it just kicks the can down the road. I'm afraid when it gets bad enough to overwhelm all those things, the house of cards is going to crash badly and then it will be a total collapse.

Then the stupid WILL be felt... and felt hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom