Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's actually 51% and it's a completely asinine way to write a law.

Every single time I've went into the Red Dog Saloon my tab was about 66-75% food. I could argue that I thought that would be the case for everybody. It wouldn't fly but the argument could be made and would have at least some validity.

If they wanted a law that was clear and concise they would strip all the bar vs restaurant, 51% revenue BS out of it and just say that you can carry any place you are legally allowed to be, but can't be under the influence if armed. Throw in the DOT or FAA (for pilots) blood level regs as being applicable and call it a day. But they don't want that. We have to know what their accounting books say in order to be able to comply. :rolleyes:
The reason a lot of the confusing and unnecessary stuff is in these laws is because they have to compromise and try to please so many lawmakers to get the votes needed to pass the bill.

So many changes, additions, and deletions made that they are a mess by the time everyone has their say.

Then, if we are lucky, they spend the next several years trying to clean up and clarify the law.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason a lot of the confusing and unnecessary stuff is in these laws is because they have to compromise and try to please so many lawmakers to get the votes needed to pass the bill.

So many changes, additions, and deletions made that they are a mess by the time everyone has their say.

Then, if we are lucky, they spend the next several years trying to clean up and clarify the law.
Actually I believe in the video Don posted about the Twin Peaks incident he said they have some of these items addressed just waiting to make it to the Governor's desk.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually I believe in the video Don posted about the Twin Peaks incident he said they have some of these items addressed just waiting to make it to the Governor's desk.
Yeah, I've heard him mention that before.

He does a lot of politicking up at the capitol with the lawmakers and such and he has learned to play their game of "let's just get it passed and we will try to fix it later".

I have seen him say something like that in a few videos when asked why he agreed with a compromise that was placed in a bill.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW. 1272.1 doesn’t say “51%”. It says primary purpose.
OK I was convinced that I had seen 51% in the past as being the defining criteria. Finding out where and when stuff changed in OK statutes will make your head explode post haste if you aren't an attorney or know what you are doing. I'm sure there's gotta be an easier way, but I don't know what it is. This link at least provides some precedent that I was correct in my thinking, but it does appear to have been changed at some point. I highlighted a pertinent point in the case in the link below.

¶2 The parties stipulated to these facts:

1. Plaintiff is a corporation that owns and operates an establishment known as Tapwerks Ale House and Cafe located in Bricktown, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

2. Plaintiff holds a license to sell alcoholic beverages by the individual drink for consumption on the premises issued by the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission ("ABLE").

3. Plaintiff on its ABLE license application stated that the "main purpose" of Tapwerks Ale House and Cafe was to be a restaurant.

4. ABLE permitted Plaintiff to establish on the licensed premises of the restaurant known as Tapwerks Ale House and Cafe a "designated bar area", which permits persons under the age of twenty-one (21) years to enter the licensed premises of the restaurant other than the designated bar area.

5. ABLE on August 23, 2000, issued a notice to Plaintiff (Exhibit "1") that an audit of Tapwerks Ale House and Cafe had been completed and that it had been determined that the total income from the restaurant's sale of food did not exceed the income derived from the sale of alcoholic beverages and 3.2 beer.

6. Sales of food and 3.2 beer did, however, exceed the sale of alcoholic beverages for the audit period.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?id=434922&hits=1444+1443+

Lonewatie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, 1272 does not say "51%" it uses the term " primary" well, the minimum to be primary is 51%. This is exactly the reason people, and the judicial branch, us "51%" as a rule unless it is a specified percentage.

Sent from my WIENER using Tapatalk

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried to read all of this, but it's hard. The majority seem happy he was arrested and faces some pretty life altering charges. It sounds just like every Democratic gun grab I've ever heard. Yes, he broke the law and there are some here who freely admit to carrying concealed without a license, knowing it was illegal. He can't post about it? So he lost his first amendment rights too? And you're happy about this? I hope none of you find yourselves in his shoes with a police officer who doesn't' care what the law says, only that you shouldn't have a gun on you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom