Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will he lose his security clearance? What's his job out there at Tinker?

Who knows, but most folks in federal civilian positions actually don’t have more than a Public Trust background investigation. Even if he had an actual security clearance, a single non-violent felony would not automatically affect his status...

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what does being poor have to do with violent crime? I grew up without running water and picked up cans with my wife through college. Never committed any crimes let alone violent ones. Made sure we did not have kids until we could afford them and stayed away from bad folks. I doubt any of you have experienced the lifestyle of the reservation my wife came from. Yet we never took welfare, food stamps or any handouts. Still managed to never commit any crimes

i'm sure there is a higher correlation, but i wasn't referring to that. If you follow the exchange you'll see it was a sarcastic response to a statement about 'just not being poor'.

And, to go further back in the exchange, the 'crime' discussed wasn't violent, but rather the issue of how the poor are punished through our legal system (minor infractions being compounded by court costs, fees, fines, etc).

Yes, there are poor people who never commit crimes. But there are also a portion who have minor infractions turn into larger issues because of the legal system. And that it is more frequently a burden to poor people vs those who have resources to avoid it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm sure there is a higher correlation, but i wasn't referring to that. If you follow the exchange you'll see it was a sarcastic response to a statement about 'just not being poor'.

And, to go further back in the exchange, the 'crime' discussed wasn't violent, but rather the issue of how the poor are punished through our legal system (minor infractions being compounded by court costs, fees, fines, etc).

Yes, there are poor people who never commit crimes. But there are also a portion who have minor infractions turn into larger issues because of the legal system. And that it is more frequently a burden to poor people vs those who have resources to avoid it.
Good explanation, shame it was necessary

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will he lose his security clearance? What's his job out there at Tinker?

He works in a trade/craft type position of a section/unit that preps (or refurbs) areas for and installs industrial plant equipment.

I’m sure it will get a review but there is so many things in play.

Here is an OPM document that will shed some light on the process. If he is a model employee, I’d guess his job is not at risk based on the position he holds. If he has been a pain in the a**, this could seal the deal to send him down the road.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/employee-relations/reference-materials/douglas-factors.pdf

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
45 million americans still live below the poverty line.
The "poverty line" is an arbitrary number.

My household income is below both the average and the median income, not only nationwide, but here in Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a relatively poor state, too.

If my wife and I chose to live in an apartment in the city, we would qualify for rental assistance.

Yet, our house is paid for, we have no debt. 2 sedans less than 5 years old, a nice pickup, all paid for.
Money in the bank.

Don't squawk about the poverty line. It's mostly a myth.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
seems like it's been established that there is a good chance he was doing something wrong (at least in terms of how the law is written). And, historically speaking, it is pretty well established that states have the ability to limit (or open) certain areas when it comes to firearms. Plus, it's not really a matter of whether you like people who carry rifles openly, but WHERE he was carrying it (i.e. a place prohibited by law)

again no it was not...its only prohibited if they get 51% from alcohol sales.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "poverty line" is an arbitrary number.

My household income is below both the average and the median income, not only nationwide, but here in Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a relatively poor state, too.

If my wife and I chose to live in an apartment in the city, we would qualify for rental assistance.

Yet, our house is paid for, we have no debt. 2 sedans less than 5 years old, a nice pickup, all paid for.
Money in the bank.

Don't squawk about the poverty line. It's mostly a myth.
"Poverty is a measure of debt to income and if you have more debt than you have income, you are broke.
The median income and poverty line are no where the same number

Latest posts

Top Bottom