Tinnitus poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus?

• Yes I have it 24/7.

Votes: 149 67.7%
  • My ears ring occasionally.

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Nope. Silence is golden.

Votes: 28 12.7%

• Total voters

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you no sense of humor; I know you had to chuckle? Y'all are the ones who resurrected the vaccine thread, not I.

Of course I chuckled. I'm amused at the lengths you will go to try and bring the anti vaccine argument to unrelated issues. Myself and most likely everydamn one of us suffering from tinnitus from repeated and sustained damage to our eardrums. Not even a little bit mysterious.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One time. One time was all it took. Forgot to put on the headphones and squeezed off a round from one of my .44 magnums, two years ago. Ears are still ringing badly. The ringing never stops except in my dreams.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every loud explosion, gunfire or worse, contributes to killing the nerves in the ear that detect noise, and transmit signals to the brain. There is no medical way to repair those nerves.

My story is much the same as all the others shared. Never wore ear protection in my youth although when I began shooting again a few years ago I always wear protection. The ringing began about two years ago and is very loud as I write this. Background noise like a fan or air through a duct makes it difficult for me to hear normal conversations.

On a recent road trip I listened on the radio to an interview with two doctors discussing dramatic possibilities in the very near future for help. An injection and some type of jell has been developed that can temporarily restore hearing to normal levels and possibly alleviate the ringing. The development is in its early stages and the docs seem to think that applications of the medicine will have to be frequent. Does offer offer some hope.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My story is much the same as all the others shared. Never wore ear protection in my youth although when I began shooting again a few years ago I always wear protection. The ringing began about two years ago and is very loud as I write this. Background noise like a fan or air through a duct makes it difficult for me to hear normal conversations.

On a recent road trip I listened on the radio to an interview with two doctors discussing dramatic possibilities in the very near future for help. An injection and some type of jell has been developed that can temporarily restore hearing to normal levels and possibly alleviate the ringing. The development is in its early stages and the docs seem to think that applications of the medicine will have to be frequent. Does offer offer some hope.

There has been many advances in medicine. Lets hope this is one of them.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had it bad for years. I've always wore plugs or muffs while shooting. Working in a refinery for 35 years couldn't have helped. Has anybody had any successful medical treatment that helped ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom