Tinnitus poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus?

• Yes I have it 24/7.

Votes: 149 67.7%
  • My ears ring occasionally.

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Nope. Silence is golden.

Votes: 28 12.7%

• Total voters

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Necro but not too bad. It's relevant to me anyways. Yesterday, I realized I have 24/7 constant low frequency tinnitus. For about 2 years it was not 24/7 and was not constant ringing. I always blamed "stupid kids with their subwoofers three blocks down". Makes me laugh now...
Now that it is pretty much a constant ringing 24/7 the kids get a pass :)
It really doesn't bother me until i'm trying to go to sleep. Well see how I deal with it.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am relieved that it is not a psychological cause. I did wonder if I was going crazy.
Some say the low pitch is the worst, but i am glad it is not high pitched. I hate high pitch noises.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have it at a low volume where it's not really annoying, mostly on the left. Every once in a while it will really get loud for a few hours to a day or so, which is VERY annoying. :(

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
24/7/365

It is very irritating. Especially to my wife!

Especially to the wife! She badgers me about it all the time. I have pretty lousy hearing, especially in the right ear...too many gunshots, explosions, helicopters, rifle cracks, etc without hearing protection on. Doc says I need a hearing aid but I'm not gonna. To hell with it. It's mostly high frequencies I can't pick up, like wife's voice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that I have nearly perfect upper and low range hearing. I can hear a watch ticking in a drawer but I have to focus to hear my wife talking to me. It's funny that way, typical men's hearing loss is in the range of a typical woman's voice. Not sure if that is a blessing or a curse!

Mostly a blessing I think...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Especially to the wife! She badgers me about it all the time. I have pretty lousy hearing, especially in the right ear...too many gunshots, explosions, helicopters, rifle cracks, etc without hearing protection on. Doc says I need a hearing aid but I'm not gonna. To hell with it. It's mostly high frequencies I can't pick up, like wife's voice...

It annoys the hell out of my wife that I frequently fail to hear her, but she finds it amazing what I'll hear that she doesn't. I can't possibly tell her that she has a shrill voice and her high pitched whining is in the frequency I've lost. :D

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It annoys the hell out of my wife that I frequently fail to hear her, but she finds it amazing what I'll hear that she doesn't. I can't possibly tell her that she has a shrill voice and her high pitched whining is in the frequency I've lost. :D

Sure you can tell her. Probably not a good idea though.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 high pitched tones going at the same time in my left ear and one in the right. To fall asleep at night there has to be some background noise, generally I leave the TV on with the timer set.
I have hope that in my lifetime there will be a treatment to repair the cilia in my inner ear. Stem cells maybe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom