To all of us Veterans, your .gov loves you! NOT!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any Congress-critter or public official that has ANYTHING to do with making this happen also needs to step up and relinquish their own pay and benefits.

With so much money wasted in "social" programs in this country, there is no reason for our war-fighters to have to sacrifice while others get freebies.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've been after military pay for awhile now. Heaven forbid we do things like draw down and close bases we don't need. Surely that wouldn't save money. How about cutting back some of those contracts paying civilians 6 figures to do, literally, the EXACT SAME JOB as me getting paid E4 pay. No money to be saved there. Maybe don't spend billions on a war we don't need and will never "win". I love my country, but I hate the people running it...

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's simple really. They want the best in the world, they just don't want to pay for it. They have the best fighting force THE PLANET HAS EVER SEEN.....and they're pissing and whining that pay and benefits cost a whopping 10% of the military budget.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My advice to the government is to keep giving all the same benefits to those who have served. Instead, from now on tell everyone before they join the military that they will no longer receive medical benefits, retirement pay, commissary privledges...or anything else the government wants to cut. Then we'll see how many people are willing to spend 20-30 years serving in the military.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mumble mumble DRAFT! mumble mumble If they take you without your will, they can pay you and treat you however they want ;)

Thats pretty much true. I was a draftee in 1971.
Back in the day, when you turned 16 you went through a two day "pre-induction" battery of health and intelligence testing.

When i got my letter, I didn't open it but went to a recuiter, and added another year to get the schooling that I wanted. Figured if it had to be done, might as well get some education.
Went to the school, and got assigned to the crap hole war going on at that time. I never worked the the MOS that I was trained for, but "drafted" into another.
Same field, but instead of working in a microwave site, ended up carrying a back pack radio in a platoon size unit.

I have made my living to this day with the original training.

The thing that disturbed me the most about this report was this:
The U.S. doesn't face the same world it saw after the Vietnam War, Mullen argued, when Congress and the Pentagon slashed defense by nearly 40 percent. The threats to U.S. security are real and growing, so gutting aircraft and ship programs would undercut American defense, he said.

From what I understand, the Navy is at its lowest level of ships in quite awhile already.
Maybe with the new technology, smaller ships can perform bigger duty? I don't know.

shaun.nickelson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think his complaint about the spiraling health costs is a bit silly. Always learned as a kid that if you break something you fix it or pay for it. And in agreement with TerryMiller, soldiers give up time, sweat, and blood and don't always get what others that have done nothing for their country get for free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom